• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

M35a2 value?

DalekEngineer

To sum it up a bit we have a title that someone put white out on so it’s invalid and they want us to get it weighed, appraised, and inspected to get a new title so we just gave up. I’ll look at bonded titles I never thought about them.

DalekEngineer

To sum this up we have a title that someone put white out on so it’s invalid, to get a title they want us to weight it, get it appraised, and get it inspected by the state. So I’m going to look into

98G

Former SSG
Steel Soldiers Supporter
I had to go through a company here in Texas for a bonded title for one of my trucks. Ended up with a clear title. It never had a title after it was bought from govt.

Sent from my moto z3 using Tapatalk
Yes, it can be done. Depending on which state you're in it can be cheap and easy or expensive and a PITA. It's one more thing to deter a potential buyer and lower the price.

For me to consider a truck without a title, it has to be at about half value.

On this truck, my assessment is that a title will add at minimum $1000 in value, and will expand the pool of potential buyers.

98G

Former SSG
Steel Soldiers Supporter
I just don’t know that I can get a title so it’s something that I have to live with. So what do you think it’s worth then?
You're going to be offended....

$1500, if it were close enough that I wouldn't be sinking a bunch of money in transport. I *think* I could get it titled for about $1000, but I'm not sure. For me to consider taking a chance on it, that's what it would take.

With a title it's about a $3500-$4k truck as it sits. If I were selling it, that's what I'd want for it.

You can always do what @fuzzytoaster occasionally does - throw it on Ebay and let it find its price point through bids. I'd be hesitant to do that in the current market conditions.

All this is hypothetical. Cost of transport from where I am gives the truck a negative net value to me.

montaillou

Steel Soldiers Supporter
They're worth what you can get for them.

That said, the US coasts (east or west) tend to be higher than the center of the country. I live on the west coast and I tell people running models start around $5k, give or take. Any mods can add, but like all mods, not nearly as much as they cost you. There is no way I will ever get back the $$ from my truck that I've put in it (I can still dream though). The interior of the US, prices are like half, it seems.

If you're a master mechanic and your brother-in-law owns a CNC shop and your father used to sell military parts, you can expect to break even or make enough money for a latte - from Dunkin Donuts, not Starbucks.

montaillou

Steel Soldiers Supporter
a title that someone put white out on so it’s invalid
Why can't you get a new title from where ever that title is from? I've lost titles before and had them replaced. Is it in your name somewhere or someone else's?

A lot of people walk away from a sale if there's no title, especially in a state like WA where everything is expected to have a title.

Crf450x

I sold this one about 6 months ago for 5. Ran and drove perfect and had a title. It was on the market for 2-3 months.

Personally, without a title, I wouldn’t risk fooling with it. I think it will help tremendously if you can get one.

5DF9FF8C-93FF-4B96-9C85-6940A642E7C8.jpeg

DalekEngineer

I’ve just tried so much to get a title and for now I’m done running through there hoops, if it doesn’t sell it’s not the worst thing ever it just won’t be getting any live for a while.

Elijah95

Certified Rookie
I’ve just tried so much to get a title and for now I’m done running through there hoops, if it doesn’t sell it’s not the worst thing ever it just won’t be getting any live for a while.
Vermont title my friend, check it out

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

DalekEngineer

I went to my local dmv and they said we could get a title but I would only have a registration for 2 years and then get a title so there isn’t a way to get a title unless I wait for two years.

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks