• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

M35A3 in the Sand

YOUNG GUN

I couldn't find many posts on anyone taking dueces in the sand dunes, so I figured I'd share my experience.

Took the A3 out to Sand Lake for the day, and what a blast !

Started out with the tires at normal road pressure, and could get around ok but it did not like any sort of hill.

Dropped all the tires down to 20psi and had no problems anywhere I went.

I didn't try any crazy hill climbs or anything (probably wouldn't work out to well) but was very impressed at how well it handled the sand dunes.

I'm planning another trip soon, and think I'll try the pressure down at maybe 10-15psi and really put it to the test.

Attachments

BKubu

Steel Soldiers Supporter
Great looking truck. Love the rubber on your truck, too! Did the truck come out with those tires? I've never seen an A3 with those tires before, but they look awesome!

YOUNG GUN

Thanks guys !

It came with the standard 14.5 x 20 Michelin X Radials.
I won 8 brand new Goodyear MV/T 395/85R20 from GL and put those on, and I couldn't be happier with them.

olly hondro

Steel Soldiers Supporter
Thats EXACTLY how I envision my next truck, so its great to see a real pic. Thanks for the inspiration 8<)

rchalmers3

Half a mile from the Broad River
Steel Soldiers Supporter
YG, I don't have experience with the A3, but I read that they do not have adjustable central air pressure, they just have 3 position selection, is that correct? If so, are you using the CTIS on your new shoes or are you using that guy named Manual?

Rick

Josh

Ive taken my deuce many times into sandlake. I can almost do the beach hill at 15psi all the way around. Its fun when ya drive down the big bowl. Looks are priceless cruising around the sand.

I'm pretty sure I'm doing down next weekend for a few days.

YOUNG GUN

I'm actually in the process of replacing all of the hub seals, inner axle seals, etc.
I had all of my CTIS wheel valves and manifold rebuilt by CM and the ECU tested, so before I put any of the CTIS components back on, I'm going through the entire system.

Unfortunately the CTIS won't help me much because of where I run my tire pressures.

In order to get propper tire wear I run he fronts at 46 psi and the rears at 30, it drives nice as well.

I've seen other guys talking about running them at higher pressures all the way around, but you'll just wear down the center of the tires.

I got my truck last October and I've put almost 10,000 miles on it.

clinto

Moderator, wonderful human being & practicing Deuc
Staff member
Administrator
Super Moderator
Steel Soldiers Supporter
Supporting Vendor
Great pictures, thanks for posting.

I LOVE pic #4-great shot.

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks