• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

M35A3 in the Sand

trukhead

I'm actually in the process of replacing all of the hub seals, inner axle seals, etc.
I had all of my CTIS wheel valves and manifold rebuilt by CM and the ECU tested, so before I put any of the CTIS components back on, I'm going through the entire system.

Unfortunately the CTIS won't help me much because of where I run my tire pressures.

In order to get propper tire wear I run he fronts at 46 psi and the rears at 30, it drives nice as well.

I've seen other guys talking about running them at higher pressures all the way around, but you'll just wear down the center of the tires.

I got my truck last October and I've put almost 10,000 miles on it.
If the CTIS is turned off the higher and lower air pressures are installed in the tires, do the activators on the wheels keep the pressure for reliable road operation?
:D

YOUNG GUN

If the CTIS is turned off the higher and lower air pressures are installed in the tires, do the activators on the wheels keep the pressure for reliable road operation?
:D
I'm not sure exactly what your asking, but if your asking do my tire pressures stay at the pressures I manually inflate to, the answer is yes.
I have no leaks at all, whether the CTIS valves are installed or not.

CanonNinja

nice! i tried to take mine in the mud over the weekend, and the trails were just too rutted up for any sort of steering action. for as much as the truck weighs it just slid around like a toy.

although I did forget to air down. but my CTIS has a leak in the rear and I dont have a gladhand air hose (yet)

DeucesWild11

Yeah mine's not accurate either with 395's on it but I passed by one of those "You are going this fast" cop boxes on the side of the road at 40mph and it said I was going 47. So I guess I am somewhere around 17% low on the guage..

PS: The truck looks great!

YOUNG GUN

Yeah mine's not accurate either with 395's on it but I passed by one of those "You are going this fast" cop boxes on the side of the road at 40mph and it said I was going 47. So I guess I am somewhere around 17% low on the guage..

PS: The truck looks great!

I'll post results this weekend.

Off subject, but I finally got around to painting my wheels and CTIS covers... WOW, what a difference.
If you haven't done it, do it, it's worth it.
Makes the truck look way better.

olly hondro

Steel Soldiers Supporter
When you published this thread, YOUNG GUN, I saw the pic of your A3 on the shore line and said to myself " I gotta get one of those." So I got one. It doesn't have a winch yet or 395's but thats in the plan, 395s first. Thanks for the inspiration 8<) I'll get pix tomorrow.

YOUNG GUN

Thanks guys, I've got many hours of work into my truck and I'm very happy with it overall.

Congrats on the new A3 mad scientist, definitely post some pics !

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks