• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

M35A3 Owners unite

wyocommo

Does anyone know if there is an electrical schematic of the A3? Didn't seem to find one when I looked through the manuals. I am specifically trying to locate the power source for the CTIS system. Pin 9 of the controller plug is supposed to have +24 vdc but no joy.
Mark

Docuscg

Wiring

Does anyone know if there is an electrical schematic of the A3? Didn't seem to find one when I looked through the manuals. I am specifically trying to locate the power source for the CTIS system. Pin 9 of the controller plug is supposed to have +24 vdc but no joy.
Mark
You might want to contact rod miller <saboup@yahoo.com> He makes wiring harness for Deuce's. He might be able to help you.

YOUNG GUN

A3 Winch Help

Hello everyone,

Is there a TM just for the winch?
I've been looking for a few days and have not found anything on the winch regarding seals, etc.

Reason I'm asking is I seem to have developed a small leak coming from inside the band brake cover. I took the cover off and it looks to be coming from behind the brake; I assume the shaft oil seal is leaking.

I've looked at all the TM's I have and nothing covers it; I've seen some info on the winch, but nothing that goes into the inner workings and seals.

Any help is appreciated.

Maybe I'm missing a TM?

Here's the ones I have:

-24P
-24-1-1
-24-1-2

EDIT: Maybe I found it; The TM I found previously looked to be for the A2 winch, but maybe they are the same minus the Hydraulic drive?

Last edited:

trukhead

Mark
Try page 626 of the manual: TM-9-2320-386-24-1-2 . I downloaded it from a link here on SS some where. Adobe reader 9 on the computer is the app?, do-hinky thing i have on the computer and will make it a joy to read.:grd:

checkout Page 628. It illustrates 5 as it indicates the power manifold and 4 as the CTIS power supply.

Last edited:

Deuce007

I have posted this in another thread, but I haven't found a good way to fix it yet. The problem is that by the air line that hooks up to my front axle switch leaks a lot of air. I tightened up the brass piece but now the air leaks from between the hose and the brass fitting. Does anyone have an idea of how to stop it from leaking?

I hi-lighted where the air is leaking from in pic 1 and pic 2 is the actual picture. By the way, I know that my air buzzer alarm isn't hooked up at the time that I took these pictures.

Attachments

svan

I'm here with my M109A4 - current I am working on the following 'opportunities' to mess other things up. 1) Back right super single leaking air - trying to run down the leak - from 45 pounds down to 15 pounds over 4 day period 2) turn signals died - hope loose wire to flasher unit or will replace flasher and see what happens - just have to learn how to use my voltage tester.

RECONJON

My A3 is about a month old to me, I love it! I love the A2's too. This one was very close to me, which seems to be a rare. And the best was price. $6300. Its a higher vin, thinking around 97. Runs and drives great. It has a few spots that need attention, just a little rust, some fafed paint and some side rails that could use some tlc. Thanks for creating this post, glad to be aboard!

Bigjer

Another newbie

I recently won a M109A4 in Sparta and will be going to get it this weekend. I had Jeff check out all of the trucks and it looks like I got one of the best ones there. I am glad there is not an EUC requirement on a 109 but that doesn't make much sense. I have been reading a lot of the posts and I have a better idea what to expect from my recovery. Hopefully all goes well as I will have about 650 miles to get her home. Thanks to all that post their experience and advise on this board. I do like the A3 thread since it applies more directly to my purchase.

Bigjer

I made it

It seems stupid to post at 2:45 in the morning, but I just got home from my 15 hour 675 miles recovery 0f my M109A4 in Sparta. The trip was long, but great. I do have to say there is no way I ever could have driven my truck home from Sparta without Jeff's help. Truck turned out to be good overall with a few items that we had to fix before we could hit the road and Jeff took time to help me get the truck road worthy, and I made it home with no major problems!!! Now the work begins

KsM715

Bigjer, Welcome to SS. I hope you know we will expect pictures and a write up of your truck and trip (in the new member forum or the deuce forum) when you wake up. :wink:

I grew up in Rapid by the way.

the buddah

:roll::roll:nice to see a form i would like to say i got mine last july i drove it from chi town area to phila then home to fla it ran great started with 3,999 miles on it now have 10,000 on it been thu 3 alternators so far broken shaft on one so far removed the ctts on the front wheels no more shaking on the front on the hwy the truck worked well when i put put down local roads i am getting like 200 miles a 1/4 tank thats at around 40 mph shifting has been at 1900 rpm all the time does it like clock work i will be removeing the ctts from all tires soon i paid 9800 for mine i do keep the tires psi at 50 local 60 hwy i am new to this but it has been fun and at times costly lol i love the info and tech i recieve as in the military i drove a m151a2

Docuscg

M35A3 Group

Hi everybody, I have had my A3 for over a year now and love it! I am now in the process of repainting to a fresh camo and adding some new stuff. You can put me down on your list also please. I do have a set of bed rails (wooden) and head board also old front and rear taillights to move.

Add me to the A3 club. I picked up my Deuce in January from El Paso and love it. 2200 mile recovery (details in a separate thread) with no major issues. Parts I'm interested in include Tarp/Bows (someone took them from my truck at GL - yes, I submitted a claim form, no they did not replace/compensate), seat covers, steering wheel and CTIS parts. I just need 2 wheel values and counterbalance weights as I would like the system fully operational.

Any other A3 owners in Western NY??

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks