• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

M35A3 Owners unite

wyocommo

Does anyone know if there is an electrical schematic of the A3? Didn't seem to find one when I looked through the manuals. I am specifically trying to locate the power source for the CTIS system. Pin 9 of the controller plug is supposed to have +24 vdc but no joy.
Mark

Docuscg

Wiring

Does anyone know if there is an electrical schematic of the A3? Didn't seem to find one when I looked through the manuals. I am specifically trying to locate the power source for the CTIS system. Pin 9 of the controller plug is supposed to have +24 vdc but no joy.
Mark
You might want to contact rod miller <saboup@yahoo.com> He makes wiring harness for Deuce's. He might be able to help you.

YOUNG GUN

A3 Winch Help

Hello everyone,

Is there a TM just for the winch?
I've been looking for a few days and have not found anything on the winch regarding seals, etc.

Reason I'm asking is I seem to have developed a small leak coming from inside the band brake cover. I took the cover off and it looks to be coming from behind the brake; I assume the shaft oil seal is leaking.

I've looked at all the TM's I have and nothing covers it; I've seen some info on the winch, but nothing that goes into the inner workings and seals.

Any help is appreciated.

Maybe I'm missing a TM?

Here's the ones I have:

-24P
-24-1-1
-24-1-2

EDIT: Maybe I found it; The TM I found previously looked to be for the A2 winch, but maybe they are the same minus the Hydraulic drive?

Last edited:

trukhead

Mark
Try page 626 of the manual: TM-9-2320-386-24-1-2 . I downloaded it from a link here on SS some where. Adobe reader 9 on the computer is the app?, do-hinky thing i have on the computer and will make it a joy to read.:grd:

checkout Page 628. It illustrates 5 as it indicates the power manifold and 4 as the CTIS power supply.

Last edited:

Deuce007

I have posted this in another thread, but I haven't found a good way to fix it yet. The problem is that by the air line that hooks up to my front axle switch leaks a lot of air. I tightened up the brass piece but now the air leaks from between the hose and the brass fitting. Does anyone have an idea of how to stop it from leaking?

I hi-lighted where the air is leaking from in pic 1 and pic 2 is the actual picture. By the way, I know that my air buzzer alarm isn't hooked up at the time that I took these pictures.

Attachments

svan

I'm here with my M109A4 - current I am working on the following 'opportunities' to mess other things up. 1) Back right super single leaking air - trying to run down the leak - from 45 pounds down to 15 pounds over 4 day period 2) turn signals died - hope loose wire to flasher unit or will replace flasher and see what happens - just have to learn how to use my voltage tester.

RECONJON

My A3 is about a month old to me, I love it! I love the A2's too. This one was very close to me, which seems to be a rare. And the best was price. $6300. Its a higher vin, thinking around 97. Runs and drives great. It has a few spots that need attention, just a little rust, some fafed paint and some side rails that could use some tlc. Thanks for creating this post, glad to be aboard!

Bigjer

Another newbie

I recently won a M109A4 in Sparta and will be going to get it this weekend. I had Jeff check out all of the trucks and it looks like I got one of the best ones there. I am glad there is not an EUC requirement on a 109 but that doesn't make much sense. I have been reading a lot of the posts and I have a better idea what to expect from my recovery. Hopefully all goes well as I will have about 650 miles to get her home. Thanks to all that post their experience and advise on this board. I do like the A3 thread since it applies more directly to my purchase.

Bigjer

I made it

It seems stupid to post at 2:45 in the morning, but I just got home from my 15 hour 675 miles recovery 0f my M109A4 in Sparta. The trip was long, but great. I do have to say there is no way I ever could have driven my truck home from Sparta without Jeff's help. Truck turned out to be good overall with a few items that we had to fix before we could hit the road and Jeff took time to help me get the truck road worthy, and I made it home with no major problems!!! Now the work begins

KsM715

Bigjer, Welcome to SS. I hope you know we will expect pictures and a write up of your truck and trip (in the new member forum or the deuce forum) when you wake up. :wink:

I grew up in Rapid by the way.

the buddah

:roll::roll:nice to see a form i would like to say i got mine last july i drove it from chi town area to phila then home to fla it ran great started with 3,999 miles on it now have 10,000 on it been thu 3 alternators so far broken shaft on one so far removed the ctts on the front wheels no more shaking on the front on the hwy the truck worked well when i put put down local roads i am getting like 200 miles a 1/4 tank thats at around 40 mph shifting has been at 1900 rpm all the time does it like clock work i will be removeing the ctts from all tires soon i paid 9800 for mine i do keep the tires psi at 50 local 60 hwy i am new to this but it has been fun and at times costly lol i love the info and tech i recieve as in the military i drove a m151a2

Docuscg

M35A3 Group

Hi everybody, I have had my A3 for over a year now and love it! I am now in the process of repainting to a fresh camo and adding some new stuff. You can put me down on your list also please. I do have a set of bed rails (wooden) and head board also old front and rear taillights to move.

Add me to the A3 club. I picked up my Deuce in January from El Paso and love it. 2200 mile recovery (details in a separate thread) with no major issues. Parts I'm interested in include Tarp/Bows (someone took them from my truck at GL - yes, I submitted a claim form, no they did not replace/compensate), seat covers, steering wheel and CTIS parts. I just need 2 wheel values and counterbalance weights as I would like the system fully operational.

Any other A3 owners in Western NY??