• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

M35A3 Owners unite

the buddah

maybe some one can help with the noise i have comeing from my driver tire area it sounds like a squick at slow speeds any info would be helpful i just hope it is not a bearing issue

the buddah

well i am glad i dont need a inner bearing they are made to order and take about 6 months and cost like 350.00 my outer bearing will be here tues i removed the ctis from the front rims i will be removeing the rest if the rims as i go around on the bearing clean up aua

Deuce007

Has anyone ever tried Slime tubeless tire sealant in there a3's I used it in three of my tires that would go flat in under one day and now 2/3 of them hold air for more than 3 weeks and one still goes flat in about 2 days now.

motomacguyver

Has anyone ever tried Slime tubeless tire sealant in there a3's I used it in three of my tires that would go flat in under one day and now 2/3 of them hold air for more than 3 weeks and one still goes flat in about 2 days now.

I would be afraid of the Slime clogging up the CTIS system. Works good in other stuff though.

Lieutenant
Steel Soldiers Supporter
Unless you removed the CTIS, there is an inline filter just before the elbow into the rim. Slime will booger that up.
If they're leaking down that fast you should break them down and fix them.

the buddah

you deff need to beak down the tire it could be one of two issues there is a 20in o ring where the tire and rim come together and the run flat piece on the inside of the tire has a brass fitting and a rubber gromet but if you are looseing air that fast it may be the 20in o ring pump up the tire and pure water around where the rim and tire look for bubbles if not there its inthe run flat set up both ways you will need to break down the tire hope you are not like me and do have air tools for it

I thought about doing this and decided against it. Slime works on the principal of centrifugal force pushing the slime against hole/punctures inside the tire. Most A3's have leaky tires because of the worn out O rings between the split rims or the grommets are bad. The centrifugal force would prevent the slime from working very well to solve either of these issues.

glcaines

Steel Soldiers Supporter
I would definitley recommend against putting the slime in there. It is always best to perform a real repair. The problem is almost always a leaky valve stem grommet. when the grommet is replaced, don't seal it with anything and don't seal the o-ring either. The valve stem nut should be torqued to 45-60 lb-ft. It is a good idea to buy new valve stem nuts along with the grommets as these are often rounded off and hard to get a grip on. Once you do one or two, you will find that it isn't that difficult. Make sure you mark the postion of the wheel halves/hub so that you don't have to figure out what position to remount the wheel so that the CTIS connections line up.

mpokorney

In a bind still!

All A3 owners.... I am on the look out for a front hub for my A3. I can find bearings and seals but hubs are no where to be found...

Does anyone have any type of lead as to where i might locate a hub or even a complete A3 axle?

Any and all info is much appreciated!!

Thansk,
Matt

Bigjer

M35A3 bearings

Does anyone know if you remove the CTIS can you use A2 bearings or do you still have to hunt for the expensive A3 bearings?

glcaines

Steel Soldiers Supporter
All A3 owners.... I am on the look out for a front hub for my A3. I can find bearings and seals but hubs are no where to be found...Does anyone have any type of lead as to where i might locate a hub or even a complete A3 axle?
I haven't looked recently, but there have been complete NOS A3 axles for sale on Ebay in the past.

Hoefler

Pull the bearing out and compare it to a Duece brg. I was told the difference between the two was a keyway machined in the inner race to allow air passage to pump tire. A3 trucks where a cheap modernization of the original Duece. My hunch is the Duece bearing will work if you are not using the fail-able CTIS system.
Pete

Lieutenant
Steel Soldiers Supporter
All of the A3 bearings and cups are different from the A2s. The front spindles are different also. The rears are just a swap but a CTIS part epoxyed on the spindle against the backing plate has to be removed. Memphis has the kits or you can buy the individual parts from Saturn or Erik's and save about $100 an axle.

steve6x6x6

Steel Soldiers Supporter
All A3 owners.... I am on the look out for a front hub for my A3. I can find bearings and seals but hubs are no where to be found...

Does anyone have any type of lead as to where i might locate a hub or even a complete A3 axle?

Any and all info is much appreciated!!

Thansk,
Matt
I have rear hubs, have not checked but should be same as front hubs. Have many other A3 parts. I need to put a hub off a front steer axle of an A3 to be sure.

Last edited:
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks