• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

M35A3 reverse / backup lights .........switch, sequence???

doghead

4 Star General /Moderator
Staff member
Super Moderator
Steel Soldiers Supporter
There is a switch shown in the parts TM.

Jeep Nasty

No apology required, I understand that there are people who do not take safety stuff seriously and that does not sit well with folks as it can make the rest of the OD community look bad. As someone who enforces MV laws amongst other things, I can tell you that I do. SOmetimes a technical question is just better asked then researched when you don't know exactly where to go.

OK, now I have a delema.

Would you like me to apoligise in a PM, or on this thread?

Would you like me to delete all the crap and leave just the correct info?

Your call.

I clearly misunderstood both your question and the fact they have reverse lights(I did look quickly in the TM).

Your reply about not having time to read the TM, sent me in the wrong direction and off topic.

I'm sorry I replied as I did.

Jeep Nasty

mine is that big push button switch, I had it in service drive, but i'm not getting voltage at the socket, I just want to make sure there wasn't a military trick to it before finding the switch.
Was your(does it need to be) 3 lever switch in service drive, when you tested for the reverse lights?

doghead

4 Star General /Moderator
Staff member
Super Moderator
Steel Soldiers Supporter
Ok, that's all I have to offer.

I'm crawling back under my rock now.

AceHigh

For what it is worth, I did the best I could to get them to work, had no luck till I replaced the light fixtures. Both were bad and would not work.

Put two new ones on, added bulbs and away it went!

Jeep Nasty

Yeah, they both looked pretty corroded, but i was not getting voltage at the connector, so im not sure if they are good yet. I'm not sure what the resistance reading should be on the fixture to know if its good until I get power back there.
For what it is worth, I did the best I could to get them to work, had no luck till I replaced the light fixtures. Both were bad and would not work.

Put two new ones on, added bulbs and away it went!

juanprado

Steel Soldiers Supporter
Back Up Light Treaded Switch on M35A3

There is a threaded pressure switch on the side of the trans which completes the circuit when the tranny is in reverse. According to the wiring diagram, the master light switch needs to be on, the tranny in reverse, and if the switch is working then you would have voltage to the lights.

If you do not have voltage, I would suspect the back up light switch. You can try to find the military one or any reverse light switch with the right pipe threads would work with a wiring adapter and/or splice. Several allison ones on epay. All of them work the same no matter the tranny. Pressure closes switch which is normally open then the circuit is complete.

If you do get voltage with master on and reverse, then suspect bad bulbs, fixture, or possible ground.

I did not see any fuses in the wiring diagram for the back up light switch.

Attachedis the parts tm with a pic and the part numbers.

If you need any further assist pm, as I just added a reverse alarm and lights to my m923 which does not come with them oe.

Attachments

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks