• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

M35a3 seed

goodguyzy

even with a re-geared tranny or what ever, the tires would need to be swapped with "something better" there is a thread about different tranny options on m35a3.net.

quickfarms

With 6.72 in the axle and a .75 OD your ratio would be about 5.08 and this would work good for the truck. another option would be to install the the 4.90 gears.

your choice.

My truck has 4.90 gears a Allison Mt 643 trans (1:1 fourth gear and locked up torque converter in 3rd and 4th) and a FNH 7.8 (2850 max rpm, 210 hp at 2400 rpm) With this setup the truck turns 2400 rpm at 55 mph and really likes to run at 58 mph at 2500 rpm.

Most of the older 26000 gvw trucks with the 4 speed allisons had an axle ratio of between 4.5 and 5 and they could drive on the freeway locally. The over the road trucks usually have 3.73 in them.

3dAngus

About the best you're going to get is 52mph at 2800rpm, the max rpm you want to run the cat motor at.

I don't recommend turning up the fuel with any other combo of mechanical options.

She won't last. It just isn't designed for that and holding up to it like the M35A2s are.

Speed is an issue with the M35A3 and often leaves some folks out from the Rally convoys because they either can't keep up, or the owners are smart enough not to even try.

I like the M35A3 due to the newer parts, power steering, tires, looks (just kiddin) and stock air conditioning. rofl

I think the CTIS is radical as well, even though my system is not fully functional yet.

If speed is your thing, I would recommend the M35A2 which is better equipped to work with, though, it will cost you as much as the whole dang truck to soup uo. Hope you got deep pockets.

Welder Sam

Slightly more speed is my thing. Not freeway speeds by any means. Speedlimit on freeways here is 70. Not interested. 60 cruise would be nice though. As ive gathered through this threads constructive input, an A3 isnt for me.

Last edited: