• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

m36a2 cargo cover

Manstein

Chaplain Emeritus
I've got a friend who scored a brand new 1989 m36a2 and is on his way home with it. He has got some type of cargo cover in the cab floor that came with it but no bows. He says the top appears to be a cover to be used on the existing stake body without bows. He believes it to be too short to accomodate bows. He also says he doesn't have the drop down troop seats. Can you get bows and a top for the cargo area on the M36?

Recovry4x4

LLM/Member 785
Super Moderator
Steel Soldiers Supporter
There was a pristine M36A2 at DSCC in OH on GL. It was very sweet. Manstein, there are/were complete cover kits for the M36A2. Henry Facovec had a bunch of them in the case a few years back but they are all gone now.

Manstein

Chaplain Emeritus
I don't know if he'll get on here or not. He just broke the throttle spring coming down a hill about 25 miles north of the Tenn/Kentucky line. I sent him to Advance for a replacement. I bought mine there and replaced it last night.
He won this truck on GL about a month and a half ago. It's a nice unit.

jasonjc

The bows are the same as the M35A2C. The M36A2 has a drope side on the pass side only. And the cover is the same but longer.

BKubu

Steel Soldiers Supporter
I think you'll find that GMA does NOT carry any of the specialty truck cargo covers (dumps, extended beds, etc.).

BKubu

Steel Soldiers Supporter
It may be true that they make other covers, but I will predict that they do not have a cover for the M36A2. I called them for a dump cover and they sent me to a competitor! I am not saying it is not worth a try...only they will not be able to help. As you said, let's wait and see..

Manstein

Chaplain Emeritus
GMA said they have a 12 ft cover and a 14 ft cover. Can anybody tell me who the competition is?

Thanks for the pics. I knew somebody had to make a cover.

jasonjc

Well as you can see by my pic's somboady does make one. I will look inside mine and see if it is marked by the maker.

BKubu

Steel Soldiers Supporter
Well, I might be wrong...that sure as h*** looks like a GMA cover on the M36A2 pictured. After my experience with them, I would have sworn there was no way they carried any speciality truck covers...especially after they told me as much...but they must make them, at least on occasion.

jasonjc

OK I just whent out and crawled around inside the bed looking for a name on the cover. Didn't find name but did find mer-56101. I belive this is the code number for the maker??? And I think somone on here can tell us who that is buy that number???

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks