• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

M36a2 M146 idea

quickfarms

My original idea on mounting the M146 to my truck chassis was to mount it like a standard bed. This was due the insane rigidity of my 15 tons chassis. We abandoned this idea due to the amount of fabrication involved.

The standard military 2 1/2 and 5 ton long wheel basis chassis flex more than my truck so a three point mounting might be a better option.

The easiest three point mounting would use a military fifth wheel in the front attached to the existing king pin and the existing axle sub frame or a new sub frame in the rear attached to the truck frame using ubolts and wood sleepers.

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks