• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

M36A2 & Others 1/9 Lansing recovery

Bob H

Steel Soldiers Supporter
Picked up my 1st deuce today, GL auction.
Met up with several SS and Great Lakes MVPA members
Lane (citizensoldier) scored a real nice M101A2
Dave (Rattlehead) picked up a parts deuce (too nice to be a parts truck) sorry no pic.
Larry (zak) also got a trailer sorry no pic
TedG just came by to help

1st pic, found it hangin out with some 5tonners
2nd pic after we got er started with a slave cable, plenty of good help
3rd pic It's snowing, time to go
4th pic lane & trailer
last one pullin in the driveway

Attachments

TedG

Good to see you Bob and others! I am glad you made it home safe! She run good? Heater work? PM me your address and I will send out your goodies.

citizensoldier

Yep we made it home too.. Missed the snow on the way home but had some bad snow on the way down this morning.. Ol Bob jumped in that sucker and it was all we could do to get him to stop and take a look.. Nice truck overall.. Nice to see all you guys even if it was just for a moment.. Bob is no longer a deuce virgin.. POP!!!

citizensoldier

I figured someone from here was costing me money on that one.. Someone came in and swiped the other 3 ! I stuck to my guns on one.. If I had known I would have bought all of them or tried to anyway.. It is brand new! I put the first scratch in the box.. Its also a upgrade with re-enforced sides for lifting.. Never seen this before..
I need a kill Roy sign that says "Trailer Ho was here" :twisted::twisted:

BKubu

Steel Soldiers Supporter
The truck looks great. What did you do to address the "no tags, no insurance" issue? Just curious.

ida34

In Michigan he does not need a tag to get the truck directly home but you must get home within 72 hours. I think he had insurance as he had someone verify the serial number for him.

ojsdna744

I figured someone from here was costing me money on that one.. Someone came in and swiped the other 3 ! I stuck to my guns on one.. If I had known I would have bought all of them or tried to anyway.. It is brand new!
Man, I hope they're there somewhere! One of them is mine!! :cry:

Looks like a great truck BobH!! I know you've been after a M36 for quite some time! Congrats!! :-D

BKubu

Steel Soldiers Supporter
BOBH: I like the laws in MI! The insurance has always been the easy part for me...the tags have been the problem since I don't always know the VIN. Congrats on the recovery and thanks for the response.

Lieutenant
Steel Soldiers Supporter
Congrats Bob, nice looking truck!

Citizensoldier, those are NICE trailers!. The listing on the trailers mentioned a "modified heavy duty suspension ", what's modified about it?

citizensoldier

It has the same amount of springs as my other A2's but they are thicker.. It also has re-enforcing ribs on the inside and outside of the box on all 4 corners along with a welded angle iron piece above it.. I assume this is for lifting strength. You will see many of the old ones with bent bottom and top rails on the sides and front from slinging them. Its the nicest one I have ever purchased... Did you get one? Now I need a cover.. I had some bows for it.. Oh these have all fiberglass side racks too.

Lieutenant
Steel Soldiers Supporter
I looked at them in Lansing, wanted one REAL BAD, but I got two gen sets out of Ft Drum instead so I didn't have the extra cash. Maybe next time.

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks