• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

M37 Street Rod

kcimb

CameronM715 said:
m376x6 said:
CALIFORNICATION at its finest! You have fun, tiger.
FUNNY!
You know what they say about California, what happens here, the rest of the country follows in a few years. I will be giving you guys advice about lowering m37 all around the country.
:lol:

Orlly

CameronM715

reitenger said:
I personally like the concept. Definitely a change on the ratrod scene. Besides, there are probable enough bone stock M37's out there.
It will be fun. As indicated by the previous posts, this will be either a love-it or hate-it truck. Either way is OK with me. There are alot of very nice M37's out there in stock condition. Mine will be a nice-hot rod M37, or at least the fastest!

FreightTrain

Banned
CameronM715 said:
m376x6 said:
FUNNY!
You know what they say about California, what happens here, the rest of the country follows in a few years. I will be giving you guys advice about lowering m37 all around the country.

yea,Like an Alpha Patient.All the nasty Viruses,Infections,and Diseases start somewhere.Just happens that The People Republik Of Commifornicate(The land of Nuts and Fairies) is where most of the Countries Problems start.

CameronM715

FreightTrain said:
CameronM715 said:
m376x6 said:
FUNNY!

yea,Like an Alpha Patient.All the nasty Viruses,Infections,and Diseases start somewhere.Just happens that The People Republik Of Commifornicate(The land of Nuts and Fairies) is where most of the Countries Problems start.
Now your just making me feel all warm and fuzzy.

saddamsnightmare

October 3rd, 2008.

I concur with Maddawg308 above..... it's the man's right to mutilate a piece of history...... but 30 years or less from now.. somebody's gonna pay a lot to make that truck right. They do it to Model T's and A's, and I for one say respect the vehicle... if it made it through twenty or thirty years of life as built... what makes the chop more valid then the history?
My deuce made it through Vietnam and Desert Storm.... before I'd let that happen to her, I'd scrap her out for the parts to save the truck from the indignity..... A two war veteran doesn't need lowered, rock crawled, or any other bastardization to happen to her at 37 years of age! Just my 2cents worth, no insults intended, but the dropped deuce has become the icon of WHAT NOT TO DO! If I'm outta line, so be it.

Cheers,

Kyle F. McGrogan

1971 Kaiser Jeep M35A2 Wo/W "Saddam's Nightmare" Desert Storm and Vietnam Veteran truck
1968 Johnson Corp M105A2 Cargo Trailer
1963 Swiss Army cargo Unimog S.404.114
1967 Hercules MEP 023A Gas APU

doghead

4 Star General /Moderator
Staff member
Super Moderator
Steel Soldiers Supporter
I don't like it, I don't like it one bit. But it's yours and I hope you are happy with it when your done. Should be a one of a kind for sure.

jim-m35a2

He has his right to do with the MV as he wants to do. He can chop it, scrap it or blow it up. That MV and all the other MV's, before and after his, worked to give him the right. If he wants to turn it into a piece of ****, that is his right. His MV gave him the right to destroy it.

His next project is to take the diamond out of his grandmothers wedding ring and replace it with moodstone...............Hey, dude it changes colors.

JIM
________
vapir oxygen vaporizer

Last edited:

CameronM715

Part of the fun of this project is the “taboo” of using an icon of MV history and (using above mentioned words): “chop it, scrap it or blow it up, turn it into a piece of crap, mutilate, bastardization” Not my words however, and modify it into something completely different.
This project is more extreme, but along the same type of theme of modifying that I did with my M715: http://i296.photobucket.com/albums/mm172/day1240/P1030079.jpg
that truck is highly modified. It is lifted, V8 re-powered, power steering, power brakes, heater, 12V. bigger tires etc. You would be surprised by the reactions of both the general public, soldiers and veterans. When it is displayed along other MV’s, it is consistently one of the most popular vehicles on display. I recently displayed it at an Air force base air show and the only negative comments were from other MV owners. The public and soldiers literally crawled all over it at a 2:1 ratio over the more “traditional” MV’s. The funniest thing about the whole scene was that the M715 is one of the least respected MV’s around with MV enthusiasts, let alone a “Bastardized” M715.
I expected a less that warm reaction from some MV enthusiasts after announcing that I am modifying one of the icons of MV history. I appreciate that the M37 is one the most beloved vehicles that the US Army had produced. I appreciate its well-engineered simplicity.
However, I am going to modify this M37 into something that a soldier could only dream of. I am going to make it into a big-block powered, lowered, chopped, hot-rod Army truck. It is going to be loud, low and fast.
Will it piss off some people? Yep. Will it be cool? We’ll see.

doghead

4 Star General /Moderator
Staff member
Super Moderator
Steel Soldiers Supporter
However, I am going to modify this M37 into something that a soldier could only dream of. I am going to make it into a big-block powered, lowered, chopped, hot-rod Army truck. It is going to be loud, low and fast.
Will it piss off some people? Yep. Will it be cool? We’ll see.
You may have seen one too many episodes of Monster Garage. What ever happened to that Jessie James? :wink:

davidkroberts

im a firm believer in the right of people to do just about whatever they want as long as it doesnt hurt anyone..... So ill admire your workmanship or make fun of you based on the quality of it. I see the modifications your doing as fundamentally no different than bobbing a deuce or a basic repower. i may not have any intention of making a ratrod out of a m37 but i like the M715. What good is a hobby if you are going to get jumped for doing what you want to.

im not so wrapped up in the hobby or myself for that matter to be personally offended by your choice (as some here seem to be), so good luck hope it turns out well and a high grade tan marine carpet interior would probably look neat and stay on theme.

Da** the torpedos, full speed ahead...... :driver:

nattieleather

Here is a concept for you....do your modifications turn it into a a streed rod.... and them paint it 24087 with white stars or 4 color cammo and marking it Recruiting Command. Because since the invention of the MV Recruiters have been modifing them for uses at recruiting events. I have pictures of M151s with wide tires and rims, fender flares etc to be used for recruiting. Heck I have seen in recent years military HMMWVs painted gloss black with US Army in gold with killer thumpin sounds systems to attrack the yutes of america....:)

So just tell people that is they way you got the vehilce from the army after it was used for recruiting. Heck your local recruiter might even want to barrow it for events.... :)

MarineTracs

First off, your vehicle = your right to do with it as you see fit.
Second, other peoples opinions don't mean a thing.
Third, oh my God! What a terrible thing to do to a beautiful truck! I am no soldier (Marines are quick to point that out), but the only way I could see your mods in a dream would be a nightmare.
Now I feel better. Enjoy your project!

CameronM715

nattieleather said:
Here is a concept for you....do your modifications turn it into a a streed rod.... and them paint it 24087 with white stars or 4 color cammo and marking it Recruiting Command. Because since the invention of the MV Recruiters have been modifing them for uses at recruiting events. I have pictures of M151s with wide tires and rims, fender flares etc to be used for recruiting. Heck I have seen in recent years military HMMWVs painted gloss black with US Army in gold with killer thumpin sounds systems to attrack the yutes of america....:)

So just tell people that is they way you got the vehilce from the army after it was used for recruiting. Heck your local recruiter might even want to barrow it for events.... :)
Well I guess that I am not the only person to consider modifying a MV.
Perhaps I could rename this thread "Authentic Hot Rod M37 Recruit Vehicle"

Attachments

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks