• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

M43 blowers

Brenda

I am just about done restoring a 1952 M43 that was once owned by the Navy. My question is, when I turn the blower motors on, it blows air out the front. Logic would seem that is wrong from how the upper vents face. The TM I have doesn't state what direction the air flows. Anyone know?

zout

If you speaking of the two motors behind the metal panel above the passenger and drivers head area - when turned on these are to be blowing air into the patient area into the vent tubes.

If they are blowing the wrong direction - its either wired backward - squirrel cages on reverse.

Brenda

Thank you Zout. I knew something wasn't right. I'll swap the squirrel cages around and try that. I only took one motor off before to lube it. That was a nightmare to get it apart and back together.

Mayor Joe

They're not reversible side to side - there is a "left" and "right" squirrel cage. You cannot change rotation on the motors either. They're meant to blow out the side of the vehicle - cooling off the rear compartment by extracting warm air from the ceiling. It works quite well actually. Look at the configuration of the squirrel cages - air in through the center - out through the side - just like any other.

I have two and both were set up that way from the factory.