• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

M43 blowers

Brenda

I am just about done restoring a 1952 M43 that was once owned by the Navy. My question is, when I turn the blower motors on, it blows air out the front. Logic would seem that is wrong from how the upper vents face. The TM I have doesn't state what direction the air flows. Anyone know?

zout

If you speaking of the two motors behind the metal panel above the passenger and drivers head area - when turned on these are to be blowing air into the patient area into the vent tubes.

If they are blowing the wrong direction - its either wired backward - squirrel cages on reverse.

Brenda

Thank you Zout. I knew something wasn't right. I'll swap the squirrel cages around and try that. I only took one motor off before to lube it. That was a nightmare to get it apart and back together.

Mayor Joe

They're not reversible side to side - there is a "left" and "right" squirrel cage. You cannot change rotation on the motors either. They're meant to blow out the side of the vehicle - cooling off the rear compartment by extracting warm air from the ceiling. It works quite well actually. Look at the configuration of the squirrel cages - air in through the center - out through the side - just like any other.

I have two and both were set up that way from the factory.

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks