• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

M44/45 Class 530A/B/C Fire truck

jets1959

Yes, you can use the photo of my truck, or either of the ones below.

The tank is 400 gallon, with an additional foam tank - which I think is 40 gallons. My truck is a 530C, last of the series, it has a 750 GPM midships-mounted Waterous pump. Also notice the foam gun above the cab. The 530C trucks were powered by either the LD-465 or LDT-465 Multifuel engine (many folks mistakenly call these diesel), and have dual rear wheels.

The 530B at a glance looks just like this - however without the foam gun. Internally, the 530B has a 500 gpm pump. Although the bed looks like the one on the 530C, almost none of the body parts interchange. The 530B can have either single or dual wheels, and can be powered by either of the engines listed above, or a LDS-427 Multifuel engine, or a OA-331 gas engine.

Below is a photo of a 530A. Rather than a midships pump, the 530A had a pump mounted on the front bumper (so do lots of "home-brew" fire trucks). Whereas the Bs and Cs had compartmented bodies with internal stowage, much of the gear on a 530A was hung on the outside of the truck. All of the 530As had OA-331 Reo or Continental gas engines and single rear tires.

The 6x6 military tactical fire truck prior to the 530A was based on the GMC CCKW (whereas the trucks listed above were built on a Reo-designed chassis that could have been built by any number of different firms). Depending on whose reference you use, the GMC was either a Class 335 or Class 530. I'll post a photo below, just in case.

Hope this helps,
David Doyle
Maybe I am seeing things, but the truck in pic. two looks like it has dual wheels.:grin:

jasonjc

Got a lead on a 530 box the other day at the MVPA show.:-D But I was a few weeks too late:sad:. It's on a slow boat to china.

rustystud

Got a lead on a 530 box the other day at the MVPA show.:-D But I was a few weeks too late:sad:. It's on a slow boat to china.
That is one thing that really pisses me off ! There is a guy here in Washington that had over 100 deuces and most all of them where cut up and shipped to China ! What a horrible waste !

tburk49760

I have what I believe to be an m45 based ft750w fire truck with a stainless tank and midship pump. There are several other dc driven pumps as well not sure what they all do yet. Mine is a 1975and has rebuild tags from 1988. Manuals sure would be nice. Mine runs and drives but needs love. Foam tank and turret nozzle are gone.

jasonjc

I have what I believe to be an m45 based ft750w fire truck with a stainless tank and midship pump. There are several other dc driven pumps as well not sure what they all do yet. Mine is a 1975and has rebuild tags from 1988. Manuals sure would be nice. Mine runs and drives but needs love. Foam tank and turret nozzle are gone.
Post some pic's!!!!!

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks