• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

m44a3

lonegunman

Well, we could all meet in the Tri-Cities area for the day sometime. I eventually have to go to Hermiston,Or to pick up a guzzler to water the critters on some property I have and the truck is the only thing I have to haul it. Maybe in early spring.

If not, I'll post my road trip plans and anyone along the way can come to the highway and at least wave.:D

michaelpilot1

They seem like great trucks, I just picked one up from GL in Fort Gordon, GA. (my first steel soldier aquisition). I have put in for an SF 97 but have not gotten it back yet, the Georgia DMV will not issue a title or license plates without it and my insurance co. will not insure it without a title,17 digit vin,and tag. They did give me trip insurane and I was lucky enough to be able to drive it home.

Congratulations on the accuisition.

AceHigh

I have put in for an SF 97 but have not gotten it back yet, the Georgia DMV will not issue a title or license plates without it and my insurance co. will not insure it without a title,17 digit vin,and tag. They did give me trip insurane and I was lucky enough to be able to drive it home.

Congratulations on the accuisition.
You will have a tough time getting a 17 digit VIN:

From Erik's site:

All trucks known so far have a VIN in the format 50xxxx where the last 4 digits were apparently numbered in sequence as the trucks were built. The VIN is stamped in the frame and on the dash data plate. Research so far indicates 5,484 M35A3's were built; so the last truck made would have a VIN of 505484. The first truck should be VIN 500001.
My state requires a certificate of insurance before they will tag it. Strange GA would give you a tag without insurance on it. Different states... :driver:

mktopside

Banned
Technically, as long as you did your math right for the check digit, you could make a decodable 17 digit vin for an A3. The only BS part of it would be the fact that by using the letter code for the 6.6 engine, you aren't really talking about a duramax. Other than that, all the other numbers for a civi hummer made by AM General could be used.

Good luck getting someone to put it on a title for you, but at least computerized vin decoders could decode it.