• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

M4A3 Sherman Tank from the Movie "TANK"! FOR SALE

shootER

The unique thing about this tank is that the interior is unrestored. What you see is what the GIs looked at 65 years ago. For that reason the interior was never refinished. All of the interior pics in the movie was some type of prop or some other machine.

When I first saw the movie in the mid-80s, I didn't notice anything "wrong" with the interior scenes. I was a teenager and it looked like the inside of a tank.

Several years later (after I'd served on M60A3s) I saw the movie again and realized, "They shot the interior scenes (or at least most of them) inside an -A3!"

In the background of several of the interior shots, you can clearly see where the openings for the coincidence rangefinder blisters were plated over after they installed the laser rangefinder.

My favorite line from the movie: "Did you call me a pussy communist?"

leroygreen

The last time we were in Vincennes we went to the museum. The Sherman looked great. They may be sellling to help fund the new museum they are planning to build.

Last edited:

nhdiesel

That is one of my favorite movies. If my winning numbers come up, I'll take you all for rides. :) I love most movies with an "underdog shows them up" theme, and also have a thing for cheesy cult classics.

Jim