• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

M52A2 Tractor - to - Cargo Done, Ready for Paint!

reuben

Hey! yers looks identical to the one I have with a missing ID plate. grill bar pattern the same etc. what are the details on it? I'm trying to get as close as posible with an identification. most of the ones I looked at over at the sawmill had air cans on the left, the diamond T and one with a jeep label were the only ones with a right side can and looked very close, (which is why the feller I got it from thought it might be a diamond T, but I have my doughts about that as the DT had some differences.) I'll get back over there tomorrow and get a better look

Junkyard Wars Crusher

12B20
Steel Soldiers Supporter
Hkx3 said:
Where can I find some pics of his conversion? . . . <snip>
Mine is a dump truck (M51) converted to cargo by previous owner, not me. Dump is same wheelbase (short) as the tractor. Same 12' deuce cargo bed. Also, mine is 602 cu in gas. I really like your multifuel.

Some pics are available in the SS Photo Gallery:
http://www.steelsoldiers.com/index.php?module=photoshare&func=viewallfolders&fid=18

Recovry4x4 said:
<snip> . . . . I've driven JWCs truck, it's plenty cool.
Thanks, Kenny. It is still a work in progress. I make small improvements as time allows.

Hkx3

I dont know a whole lot about this truck as far as original markings, etc. I can tell you that it came from Letterkenny, and has markings that can be seen through the paint on the bumper that said "Property of XXXXX" and I cant make out the last letters. I wish I knew more.

As for who built mine, Id love to know.

I was told "Kaiser" but again, I have no way of knowing.

When I bought it, on the headache rack deal it said some stuff, but I couldnt really make it out either.

Looks to have had a driver name stenciled on the driver door at the top, once again, only able to make out a few letters.

I enjoy the cargo so much, there's no way Ill ever want to go back to a tractor style, not on this one anyway. The bed adds just enough weight to take the 'bounce' out of it, and makes driving more fun.

I actually drove it to work today. :)

Adamlee

5-ton tractor with deuce bed conversion

I've been looking for your pics of your truck project - kept coming up with the Cummins trucks and I wanted to see a multifuel - thanks! I can add to my Christmas list now.

Great project!

Adam

saddamsnightmare

November 21st, 2009.

So what will the data plate(s) on the dashboard read for this particular variant of the 6X6? 100 years from now David Doyle's great great grandkid's going to be doing an article on the "Experimental" Prototype 6X6 that will be sitting in some museum, and Will Wagner's great great grandkid will be trying to get it to run on hydrogen or some other space age fuel!:twisted:
An interesting truck, with some definite capacity......

Cheers,

Kyle F. McGrogan:-D

Engine5

What sort of right side fuel tank is that? Must be the new pancake ultra low pollution tanks.
Actually, I took the tank off that side and only run the drivers side. I mount a portable generator on the pass side on that piece of steel where the tank used to be. And yes it does come off before off roading.

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks