• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

M52A2's at work!!

Recovry4x4

LLM/Member 785
Super Moderator
Steel Soldiers Supporter
You guys need to take the time and go to Jeffs webiste for the linehaul museum. Take the time to read the stuff, very informative website.

vtdeucedriver

Dave_McConnell said:
I have to thank Jeff Houghton for the info I needed to do my "Yellownose"
Kick ass looking truck Dave!!!!! No problem on the help. Would do that for anyone that will help preserve some VN history.

vtdeucedriver

Recovry4x4 said:
You guys need to take the time and go to Jeffs webiste for the linehaul museum. Take the time to read the stuff, very informative website.
Thanks kenny, I really need to get back at it. I have SOOO much information. Thats what I had done with just a couple of days. At some point I would like to do a article for the MV magazine.

vtdeucedriver

Drivers in Vietnam had many hazards. Tired trucks, bad road conditions, fatigue of long hours & above all "the enemy". Qui Nhon was one of the ports that supplies were delivered to. These supplies needed to be moved inland to another supply depot at Qui Nhon. The road was highway 19. QL 19 was the location where the French Force 100 was ambushed and totally defeated. The account was written in a book by Bernard Fall "Street without Joy" With the enemy in the bushes, 5000 gal fuel tankers made an very nice target.

Attachments

ken

Steel Soldiers Supporter
If you got them please keep the pics comming! Do you have any of them going down the road? Thanks again!

ken

Steel Soldiers Supporter
Vt yes i'm really enjoying these pics! I take all you have. It looks like alot of fun. If you didn't have to worry about getting shot at. If every body else gets tired of them you could always e-mail them to me. Thanks again!!

vtdeucedriver

Before I rap up this post, I will post some pics tonight and tomorrow that were the result of fatigue. Long days on the road, many drivers fell asleep and this caused some serious accidents. In my book, these guys are Hero's. So if you ever hear a vet say "I just drove a truck". Shake his hand and tell them JOB WELL DONE!

Attachments

Desert Deuce

Any M52A2's with an M128A2C? Would love to see that! I'm really enjoying the pictures. I am planning to do my M52A2 as a sister truck to yours. I just obtained an NOS set of yellow headlights for the truck last month. I rebuilt the old style Ross last month.

I'm searching for the old style single blackout brake light and bracket. If anyone has one they can part with please PM me so we can make a deal.