• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

M54A1 Mack manufacturer info needed

Mack Attack

Banned
So you guys are saying that Kaiser Jeep installed Mack engines at some point? Hmm.
Mack Trucks INC. won a repowering contract. they beat out Cummins by offer uncle sam an obsolete diesel engine they were no longer using. when the ENDT-673 Thermodyn was being installed in Mil-spec trucks Mack was already rolling Maxidyn's out the door in over the road trucks.

A small extremely small few of the M52/54a1's were mack built trucks with Mack brand titles, They are easily discovered as they had complete Mack power trains. Mack diesel, Maxitorque 5spd, Mack t-case, and Mack axles. I have only seen 3 such trucks in my life all of them tractors 2x '73's and a '75. i been told there were m54a1 cargo's built to but i have yet to see one with a complete Mack power train / title / data plate.

M/A

vtdeucedriver

Brandon, do you know what your hood numbers were on those trucks???? I am working on a data base spreadsheet for this!!!

vtdeucedriver

The 1968 M54A1 is 05C98969
I'll get the info off of the M54A2 this afternoon.

Ok my spreadsheet is in its infancy and will take a bit of time to input all the numbers and search my photo collection and input the numbers but as of right now, that truck is 159 trucks after a GT THE SMILING DEATH

The Mack ENDT bell housing I bought from Memphis Equipment for my repower is dated 10-1-68 . I would expect a date from the early 60's .

Attachments

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks