• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

M60a1 lives!

Ewa Marine

[media]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=JwBCKpzp6eg[/media]

Some jerk just abandoned a BOAT right on the side of the road!??!!.
So we smooshed it and took it to the dump....
ALOHA from Hawaii!!

Ewa Marine

Its so sad...We are on a former immaculate Naval Air Station....since its been handed over to the civs...its trashed...
I mean really? Boats ? Cars? ALLL KINDS of **** crime wise...
So smooshing that boat...(the second one so far) is kinda therapy for us museum guys and vets of the base...
LOL
Glad ya enjoyed...
And yeah you can smoosh the next boat!

Aloha

MyothersanM1

19K M1 Armor Crewman
Steel Soldiers Supporter
Will,

My first time seeing the vids. That AVDS1790 still sounds sweet and, man, that thing fired right up[thumbzup]!! Those rumblings bring back some memories...M88's and 60A3's (from my NG days).

I recognized the top of your head in the pics. Hey, you look pretty handsome driving that track. Good maneuvering skills in those tight confines. Your ground guides need a little work.

You guys need a real tank driver (No autograph's, please:roll:) over yonder way. Let me know when you're going to crank her over again and I'll come out wrench with you all:hammer:. I'll even bring my own CVC helmet. Just remeber if you can't fix it with a sledge heammer, tanker's bar, 100mph tape or lacing wire...it cannot be fixed.

silverstate55

Unemployable
Steel Soldiers Supporter
I have read that no-one owns a M-60 Tank. They are "only loaned to museums, and VFW's"
Man I would love to own one.
Better you than me! They are a LOT of work, I had my fill during my time in the Marine Corps.

It's rare seeing an A1 anymore; so many were converted to A3, don't see too many A1s nowadays that aren't targets.

Will, just remember that the hydraulic fluid for the turret traverse & main gun is highly pressurized; bleed pressure before you do any work on the hydraulics, and the FRH fluid is HIGHLY TOXIC. Don't let any get on your skin anywhere.

BLK HMMWV

Well from your location it looks like your not from California.
And because your not you don't understand .
There are privatley owned M60 tanks in Calif.
I have gone for a ride in one here and a M551
As to the Aw's there are probably more here then in any other state.
But lets get back to the topic of the thread.
Tanks Big beautiful Tanks

WillWagner

The Person You Were Warned About As A Child
Super Moderator
Steel Soldiers Supporter
Silverstate, yup, I knew that. IIRC the M901 uses the same "environmentally and human friendly" fluid in it's system too.

Brian, come on out anytime, we need a starter changed it the other M60. You can reach the stupid thing but can't get to it thru the hatches in the bottom, guess the power pack needs to come out! Maybe you can hitch a ride in the Sheridan, they are way different than the 60.

BLKHMMWV, the non Kommiefornia guys don't understand...I have a hard time keeping things straight and I live here.

Hows that 998?

WillWagner

Super Moderator
Steel Soldiers Supporter
Silverstate, yup, I knew that. IIRC the M901 uses the same "environmentally and human friendly" fluid in it's system too.

Brian, come on out anytime, we need a starter changed it the other M60. You can reach the stupid thing but can't get to it thru the hatches in the bottom, guess the power pack needs to come out! Maybe you can hitch a ride in the Sheridan, they are way different than the 60.

BLKHMMWV, the non Kommiefornia guys don't understand...I have a hard time keeping things straight and I live here.

Hows that 998?

1 Patriot-of-many

Steel Soldiers Supporter
OMG......I know this is a family site, but my underwear of full of some whitish fluid. That whole yard is what I want mine to look like.
How do you become a museum and do you have to have all the vehicles hauled to it with your own cash or will the military do it?

Carlo

Mr. Wagner,

Greetings from Italy! Where do you work you lucky man? Is this a meseum or private collection? I am still dreaming over these photos.

silverstate55

Unemployable
Steel Soldiers Supporter
YUP, power pack's gotta be removed to change starter. Even though my memories of doing such a thing are more than 25 years old, they are still vividly memorable... If I lived closer I'd give you a hand with the M60A1, I still remember a lot about them.

GREAT job on keeping these magnificent machines running, thanks for your dedication & hard work! [thumbzup]

WillWagner

Super Moderator
Steel Soldiers Supporter