• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

M756A2 Recovery! NY-DE (pics)

No.2Diesel

Project Update

Hi,

...well nothing much in the way of actual work hahaha. Same old story, too many other projects and lack of time. From the beginning I knew it wasn't going to be "just a bed swap" as the rest of my Deuce needs attention as well. It will end up being a full teardown but I'm saving it for when I have the allocated shop space and focus. You'll just have to stop thinking about, haha.

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

In the mean time here is something interesting to talk about: While searching the web I found some evidence that the 756A2 was not the first time a Deuce was used as a platform for oil field type duties. A while ago I came across an image that looks like something out of a manual. It shows a GMC CCKW equipped with an oil field body but has no corroborating text.

Than a few months later I found these pics: Again a WWII era Deuce except this is the rare IH M-5H and it shows it came right from a manual. Also accompanying the manual pic are two photos of an actual example. It seems they added a third fixed pole to the bed similar to the M764 telephone maintenance Deuce. The headache rack and bed look just like in the manual.

Some pretty neat stuff... Does anybody have any WWII manuals that show oil field beds?

Attachments

rmvivas

I can't believe you took that on the Belt Parkway/BQE. Used to live right there in Brooklyn Heights back in the bad old days when you could pick up a brownstone for 6 or 7 bucks and the crack was free.

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks