• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

M76 Otter pics and information

FL_Frank

I know what the HMMWV is worth - and it's all original too. The dead 6.2 diesel in it is no concern at all as they are relatively cheap, but could not find anyone who would sell it to me. Offered them $10k on the spot for it (a steal imo), but they didn't budge. Think I may just need to wait for a banged up H1 ragtop and make it into one as the geared hubs on them are a bit safer than the HMMWVs for those that have had one let loose on them =|

In any case, the armor he's got in the showroom is in the back, but easy to see if you walk in. Been meaning to take a pix of it. =)

The otter would be a fun toy to own, but suspect one needs to be a machinist to own one of those, and have deeper pockets than mine.

FL_Frank

DH - that's the same one =) It used to be Classic Chevrolet, but GM shut down them as a dealership I think.

EDIT - ok, fine, if there is enough sunlight, I'll get some pix on the way home or tomorrow morning of the Otter, HMMWV and the armor he has in the showroom. Not sure what happened to the winched M35A2 in sad condition, but there's no shortage of those =)

they say the otter runs and drives. they said someone offered 13000 for the otter and not enough. Not any for sale online anywhere, so its hard to say. And i agree if its not running it could be costly. the tracks are doable in my opinion, not real complicated.

DHennon

Steel Soldiers Supporter
The duece is a winch truck, and is in their shop. It is rough shape though. I want to put in an offer for it for the winch, hardtop and drive line.

Trackiron

Hey guys - thanks. Love to come play -I have two sets of weasel track and two sets of Otter track to build. It takes quite a while.
We'll see....:-o More pics to come.

Trackiron

Another Otter home. No problems getting across the Canadian border - Helps to have no engine, transmission, or fluids . Got some great parts for my M116 too.:smile: This Otter is in excellent condition inside and out. Once again - No track. I am going to pull out all the otters for a group picture when the **** rain goes away.

Attachments

Duster215

Fuel pump parts for M76 Otter

I have a box of what I believe to be fuel pump rebuild kits for a M76 Otter.
Most are still in copper lined bag.

This is exactly what the front of the box says

2910-625-9297-G245
PARTS KIT
1-Each
ORD. NO.7974003
DA-11-022-ORD-3396
MOTORESEARCH CO MFG/CONTR
PART NO. 68162
A IA15 8/60

The content of each box is

diaphragm Part # FP-923
Valve plate and seats P# FP-911
valve P# FP-904
valve gasket P# Fp-903
valve spring FP-900
Rocker arm spring Fp-914
mounting flange gasket FP-917
Spring clip FP-906
Screw and lock washer valve plate FP-927
Linkage FP-910
Diaphragm FP-901
cover screw and lock washer FP-920
Rocker arm pin FP-905

I was told the G245 in the top number refers to the Otter, can anyone confirm this. If so send me a message

markheliops

Hi Gents.

I wonder if any of you can help.

I am a fire fighter from the UK and previously served with the British Forces for 14 years.

The reason I have been drawn to this thread is I work part-time for a gentleman in the UK who has a fully restored M76 Otter amongst other military vehicles in his private military vehicle collection. As far as I am aware this Otter is the only one in England.

I have searched high and low on the internet for information on these impressive amphibious vehicles but cannot find hardly any information.
I am trying to put together an information sheet on the M76 to display with the vehicle so visitors can read about the vehicle.

I am aware of the make, type and mechanical details of the Otter but can not find any other interesting stuff to add to it. For instance I have been told the M76 Otter is a very rare piece of equipment and also informed there are only a handful of working models around the world, but from reading from this thread it would appear there are quite a few Otters that still survive in a running condition.

My own collection of vehicles range from a 1943 Ward Lafrance M1A1 Wrecker, A 55 tonne Chieftain Armoured Recovery and Repair Vehicle Mk7, a 1985 Chevrolet M1009 and an FV432 Armoured Personnel Carrier.

Keeps me busy.

Anyway, thank you in advance for any information you may be able to give me.

Regards

Mark Hart
England

Last edited:
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks