• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

M796 Bolster put to work

I went to Ft. McCoy to pick-up my fancy new M796 Bolster trailer today and Mike from McCoy made me put it to work right away.
I hooked up my trailer and with the grace of a gazel, Mike from McCoy loaded my (5) crates of HEMTT cargo covers. They weigh in at about 500 lbs. each, so the bolster got a little work out. The trailer tie downs worked great to secure the load and it pulls great. The load was pretty high, but with a thumbs-up from Mike, the 250 mile trip went well.

Attachments

gimpyrobb

dumpsterlandingfromorbit!
You got lucky I wanted the LMTV tops more than those. I was ready to run them up pretty high. You gonna try to set one up on a deuce or 5ton?

You got lucky I wanted the LMTV tops more than those. I was ready to run them up pretty high. You gonna try to set one up on a deuce or 5ton?

They are desert tan, everything I have is green. I think I will play with one on the M813A1. Probably will sell the rest or I will have a bunch of tarps for around the shop. The bows and staves are steel tube so I can always use them. Lots of rope and other goodies too.