• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

M809 series M817 wiring number diagram

Sephirothq

I am putting an M817 dump truck back together. I got it from GL without the battery or start switch. I have the switch and searched the TM and this is what I found

Disconnect wires (21) and (22) from ignition switch (23).
Disconnect wires (12), (13), and (15) from battery switch (11).

That doesn't help me because I am looking for the number to letter correlation. The battery switch is A B C D the start switch is B S R. I am not looking to just trial and error with 5 different wires in 7 different spots.
So I am looking to see if anyone know what wiring numbers, they have little tags on the wiring, lines up with what letters on the switches. I took my wrecker apart to look and the tags are missing and the wiring is a mess behind there. Someone really messed that up. But anyway. If anyone knows please post.

Sephirothq

I am guessing that there should be a wire that runs from one switch to the other just based on how they normally work. The TM's do not show this but I don't see how it would work otherwise.

Sephirothq

Ok I did find it in the back of the -20.
R on the start switch goes to D on the battery switch
B =214
S = 14

A = 81
B = 459
C = 54
D = R on the start switch

zxmedic

Let me know if the previous post didn't help and I'll confirm on my truck we just put a new harness in.54 should be the jumper if I remember right

Sephirothq

I got it straighted out and running. I did have a bit of a problem when the wire for the injection pump grounded out on the solenoid body. That was really fun.

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks