• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

M809 series M817 wiring number diagram

Sephirothq

I am putting an M817 dump truck back together. I got it from GL without the battery or start switch. I have the switch and searched the TM and this is what I found

Disconnect wires (21) and (22) from ignition switch (23).
Disconnect wires (12), (13), and (15) from battery switch (11).

That doesn't help me because I am looking for the number to letter correlation. The battery switch is A B C D the start switch is B S R. I am not looking to just trial and error with 5 different wires in 7 different spots.
So I am looking to see if anyone know what wiring numbers, they have little tags on the wiring, lines up with what letters on the switches. I took my wrecker apart to look and the tags are missing and the wiring is a mess behind there. Someone really messed that up. But anyway. If anyone knows please post.

Sephirothq

I am guessing that there should be a wire that runs from one switch to the other just based on how they normally work. The TM's do not show this but I don't see how it would work otherwise.

Sephirothq

Ok I did find it in the back of the -20.
R on the start switch goes to D on the battery switch
B =214
S = 14

A = 81
B = 459
C = 54
D = R on the start switch

zxmedic

Let me know if the previous post didn't help and I'll confirm on my truck we just put a new harness in.54 should be the jumper if I remember right

Sephirothq

I got it straighted out and running. I did have a bit of a problem when the wire for the injection pump grounded out on the solenoid body. That was really fun.