• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

M812

73m819

Rock = older than dirt , GA. MAFIA , Dirty
Steel Soldiers Supporter
In Memorial
watch out that the bridge truck does not try to push the 2 1/2 there will be a big weight difference, sharp turns ,down hill, ect, i had this happen when i brought the 12 ton home behind my m52, i thought this mite happen so i planed for it and knew where to look for this, go slow, i used a lead vehicle in front of the m52 to give me room in case i needed it. i had a few turns that the 12 ton wented to go stright, iwas going slowwww it came around, the m52 had no trouble pulling the 12t, it took a long time to stop, plan ahead, go slow

73m819

Steel Soldiers Supporter
In Memorial
yes but on turns watch it, just be ready for the push before the push happens , plan ahead , check the route , you can pretty much see where there mite be trouble so you can be ready for it, remember NO surprises

mangus580

But I like suprises!!! :hop: [^] ... oh you mean THOSE suprises... :banghead: :banghead: :banghead:

The route I have planned is pretty simple. Only downfall is about a mile or so of 'suburban' driving. Will have a few stoplights and some traffic to contend with. Unfortunatly there really isnt any way of avoiding it.

mangus580

Sounds like we have a volunteer!!! [^] [^] [^] [^] get your walkin shoes ready!! and maybe some long gloves so you dont get burned with the flare... :banghead: :banghead:

73m819

Steel Soldiers Supporter
In Memorial
one other thing about the bridge truck is the 1400/20 tires, these use 12" rims where all the other trucks use 11", the 1400s make the truck 9 1/2 wide, i mesured a m818 with 1400s on ,thought i mite put them on my m819. the 1400s have spacers front and rear between the drum and the rim , this keeps the tires from rubbing the frame, along with the spacers a special lug bolt is used so the over writh is more then the bed. sure wish we had spell check

mangus580

thanks 73m819... If we switch it to the 11-20's, they are already on rims so it shouldnt be much of an issue. My buddy still needs to square away the funds... :banghead:

anyone need a '92 international model 9300 Daycab Road tractor? with Hydraulics?

BTW... for spelling check, type your response up in Word, outlook, or any other microjunk with spell check, then copy and paste it here... [:)]

Elwenil

Yeah the new Google tool bar has a spell checker that works for forums. Just type your post normally, then before you submit it to the forum, click the spell checker button and it'll look for errors. If it finds one, the word will turn red. Click on the word and it'll give you several choices for the correct word. Click on the window when you are done and turn off the spell checker and submit the post as usual. Works great and it's free. Go to http://www.google.com/downloads/ if interested.

73m819

Steel Soldiers Supporter
In Memorial
you will still be to wide if you use 1100s on 11"rims because of the spacers,the hubs have to come off so you can remove the spical long lug studs and install the standerd ones. with the 1100s it will still be about 9' wide with the spacers installed

mangus580

Well, it looks like he is gonna buy it... :hop: considering he handed over 2k downpayment last night! Its a little rougher in my mind than I had thought, but it will come with everything it needs except the labor. Alas, I am a dumbass and forgot to use the camera though :banghead: :banghead: :banghead:

Now we need to figure out transportation, and the rest of the finances.... [^]

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks