• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

M813 injector pump leak

5tondeuce

Hi,
O.K so I bought an M813 (NHC250 cummins) a while ago and it had not run in approx 10 years. I got it running and it runs great but it was spraying fuel out of the front cover of the injector pump towards the engine. I figured the gasket was dried out from sitting, no big deal. I got a new gasket from cummins took the injector pump of and replaced the gasket. I reinstalled the pump and the truck fired right up, ran for 20 seconds or so and blew the same gasket out in the same place. Could this be a plugged return line causing a pressure build up in the pump or possibely a bad machined surface on the front cover of the injector pump. I am confused......please help. The gasket in the pics is the first one that blew out, I have not removed the second one yet.
Thanks
Chris

Attachments

jasonjc

Any thing???? Mine is leaking too but not sure where let. Need to be on the road at 0400hrs:x to get new to me trailer.

jasonjc

I'm not sure yet, I'm waiting for it to cool so I can clean it. The whole pump and side of the block is wet, and dripping from the bottom.

jasonjc

Ok my leak seems to have been the shut off vavle. I took it off and open it up. There was some rust, I cleaned it up the best I could. I replaced the O ring on the bottom. That seems to have fixed it, I hope. Long drive in the AM.

jasonjc

Well I did not fix it:x It started leaking 75 miles into the recovery to day. And it would shut off the truck when I hit big bumps. So I will be getting a new shut off valve.

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks