• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

M813 injector pump leak

5tondeuce

Hi,
O.K so I bought an M813 (NHC250 cummins) a while ago and it had not run in approx 10 years. I got it running and it runs great but it was spraying fuel out of the front cover of the injector pump towards the engine. I figured the gasket was dried out from sitting, no big deal. I got a new gasket from cummins took the injector pump of and replaced the gasket. I reinstalled the pump and the truck fired right up, ran for 20 seconds or so and blew the same gasket out in the same place. Could this be a plugged return line causing a pressure build up in the pump or possibely a bad machined surface on the front cover of the injector pump. I am confused......please help. The gasket in the pics is the first one that blew out, I have not removed the second one yet.
Thanks
Chris

Attachments

jasonjc

Any thing???? Mine is leaking too but not sure where let. Need to be on the road at 0400hrs:x to get new to me trailer.

jasonjc

I'm not sure yet, I'm waiting for it to cool so I can clean it. The whole pump and side of the block is wet, and dripping from the bottom.

jasonjc

Ok my leak seems to have been the shut off vavle. I took it off and open it up. There was some rust, I cleaned it up the best I could. I replaced the O ring on the bottom. That seems to have fixed it, I hope. Long drive in the AM.

jasonjc

Well I did not fix it:x It started leaking 75 miles into the recovery to day. And it would shut off the truck when I hit big bumps. So I will be getting a new shut off valve.