• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

M813 Injectors/Cylinders full of oil?

MilesWorx

I'm trying to get this M813 engine to turn which I belived was rusted solid, instead I think I have the opposite problem.

Referencing the two pictures:
I pulled what I believe to be the injectors. Cylinder no. 1's injector hole and injector was just absolutely soaked/filled to the brim with oil. I then proceed to pull 2 and 3 for confirmation. 2 was dripping wet but not as full as no. 1, 3 had less than 2 but was still 3/4 full.

My next question being, how do I suck out the fluid (whatever it is) from the cylinders and how'd it get there to begin with?

Additional, M813 (Odin) was tucked in with love until I could get to it next. :)

Attachments

msgjd

Steel Soldiers Supporter
I'm upset I didn't consider that. Next time! :-D
I'm sure it would've come to you eventually ;) .. Sometimes you have to just walk away from the situation for a few hours, or days .. If I'm too stressed with too many outside things going on, I put up to a week on something else and the solution to the earlier problem comes on its own (often in the wee hours of morning when 3/4 asleep and 30 cows next door moo exactly at the same time and sun is at a negative 10 degrees to horizon).:ROFLMAO:

Last edited:

MilesWorx

I'm sure it would've come to you eventually ;) .. Sometimes you have to just walk away from the situation for a few hours, or days .. If I'm too stressed with too many outside things going on, I put up to a week on something else and the solution to the earlier problem comes on its own (often in the wee hours of morning when 3/4 asleep and exactly 30 cows next door moo at same time and sun is at a negative 10 degrees to horizon).:ROFLMAO:

Darned midnight inspiration! Love it but my does it strike at inopportune times.

Unfortunately, I don't have the luxury of coming back every day. This beautiful beast for the time being is about a 22hr drive away. I hope next time I see it I'll be loading it on a trailer to take home where I can work on it everyday! :grin:

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks