• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

M813 Injectors/Cylinders full of oil?

MilesWorx

I'm trying to get this M813 engine to turn which I belived was rusted solid, instead I think I have the opposite problem.

Referencing the two pictures:
I pulled what I believe to be the injectors. Cylinder no. 1's injector hole and injector was just absolutely soaked/filled to the brim with oil. I then proceed to pull 2 and 3 for confirmation. 2 was dripping wet but not as full as no. 1, 3 had less than 2 but was still 3/4 full.

My next question being, how do I suck out the fluid (whatever it is) from the cylinders and how'd it get there to begin with?

Additional, M813 (Odin) was tucked in with love until I could get to it next. :)

Attachments

msgjd

Steel Soldiers Supporter
I'm upset I didn't consider that. Next time! :-D
I'm sure it would've come to you eventually ;) .. Sometimes you have to just walk away from the situation for a few hours, or days .. If I'm too stressed with too many outside things going on, I put up to a week on something else and the solution to the earlier problem comes on its own (often in the wee hours of morning when 3/4 asleep and 30 cows next door moo exactly at the same time and sun is at a negative 10 degrees to horizon).:ROFLMAO:

Last edited:

MilesWorx

I'm sure it would've come to you eventually ;) .. Sometimes you have to just walk away from the situation for a few hours, or days .. If I'm too stressed with too many outside things going on, I put up to a week on something else and the solution to the earlier problem comes on its own (often in the wee hours of morning when 3/4 asleep and exactly 30 cows next door moo at same time and sun is at a negative 10 degrees to horizon).:ROFLMAO:

Darned midnight inspiration! Love it but my does it strike at inopportune times.

Unfortunately, I don't have the luxury of coming back every day. This beautiful beast for the time being is about a 22hr drive away. I hope next time I see it I'll be loading it on a trailer to take home where I can work on it everyday! :grin: