• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

M813 re-power underway!

No.2Diesel

The body lift idea is a great concept but think of all the trouble involved:

-Radiator/Cab/Fender supports
-Clutch, Brake Actuation
-Steering Components

Would the bed be raised as well? What would it look like with a huge 6" gap between the battery tray, toolbox/running boards?

Thats a huge amount of work that does nothing for the function of the truck.:|

I'm still working on a hood bump design:hammer:

No.2Diesel

Yeah I'm trying to avoid a civi looking cowl induction scoop although I'm sure what I fabricate will look like a wart or a big juicy pimple. *splat*:p

73m819

Rock = older than dirt , GA. MAFIA , Dirty
Steel Soldiers Supporter
In Memorial
get a cdn. 809 series hood, the cdn 809s have jake brakes and the hood has the raised section to clear the front valve cover

73m819

Rock = older than dirt , GA. MAFIA , Dirty
Steel Soldiers Supporter
In Memorial
the problem i found when i was going to change the trans when i had the xcase out was front drive shaft clearance with other trans, there is not much space between the drive shaft and the stock trans. i wanted to put a od. 8 or 10 speed in. all the fuller and spicer specs showed the trans being to WIDE and just a bit long, though the length can be handled by moving the xcase back and having the drive shafts changed to match the new spacing

TheBuggyman

The body lift idea is a great concept but think of all the trouble involved:

-Radiator/Cab/Fender supports
-Clutch, Brake Actuation
-Steering Components

Would the bed be raised as well? What would it look like with a huge 6" gap between the battery tray, toolbox/running boards?

Thats a huge amount of work that does nothing for the function of the truck.:|

I'm still working on a hood bump design:hammer:
My buddy is a metal guy, we're gonna mod the hood. I agree that the body lift would be very invasive but would be cool if everything else was raised with it. That way I could run 52's with PLENTY of clearance!!!

TheBuggyman

Make sure you get the correct brakes. A single entry turbo takes a different autolash screw than a dual entry. Mix them up and you can break things.
There is a single outlet from the turbo to the intake top. (see pics) Is that classified as a single entry turbo? I bought a set of Jakes today, number 425, the fella said they would work on everything except a big cam 4. What do you think?

TheBuggyman

the problem i found when i was going to change the trans when i had the xcase out was front drive shaft clearance with other trans, there is not much space between the drive shaft and the stock trans. i wanted to put a od. 8 or 10 speed in. all the fuller and spicer specs showed the trans being to WIDE and just a bit long, though the length can be handled by moving the xcase back and having the drive shafts changed to match the new spacing
The thing that sucks for me is that I cannot move the t-case back as it would hit my underbody hoist. For right now the stock five speed will do, more planning will dictate if that avenue will be travelled down.......

WillWagner

The Person You Were Warned About As A Child
Super Moderator
Steel Soldiers Supporter
There is a single outlet from the turbo to the intake top. (see pics) Is that classified as a single entry turbo? I bought a set of Jakes today, number 425, the fella said they would work on everything except a big cam 4. What do you think?
Single entry turbo has a single, large entry into the turbine housing, (exhaust). The dual entry is bridged so there are two holes into the turbine housing. The settings are different. You will also need to make sure you have 24VDC solenoids installed.
Here's a link to the 425A page, good info there,
http://www.jakebrake.com/support/pa...ngine_mfr=1&engine_model=19&jacobs_product=18
Here's an image of a divided entry from a Holset manual,

Attachments

MilitaryRestoration

not that bad to do the body lift... just cut the ovals longer inside the cab for the pedal problem... the mounts are easy to make for other things and the steering doesn't get changed much plus gets the steering wheel away from you a bit more... it's not that hard just takes patience... and yes if you wanted you could do a bed lift as well but if you think about it the cab already sits lower than the bed so they would be close to or level with each other with the cab being lifted some

TheBuggyman

Here are a few pics of the hauling/unloading process. My tractor sure knew that engine was out there but it handled it fine w/no counterweight.

Attachments

TheBuggyman

Single entry turbo has a single, large entry into the turbine housing, (exhaust). The dual entry is bridged so there are two holes into the turbine housing. The settings are different. You will also need to make sure you have 24VDC solenoids installed.
Here's a link to the 425A page, good info there,
http://www.jakebrake.com/support/pa...ngine_mfr=1&engine_model=19&jacobs_product=18
Here's an image of a divided entry from a Holset manual,
Okay Will, I'm picking up what you are putting down! I'll be sure to check that and thanks for the link! I don't know what the specific part number on the Jake is yet except that they are 425's. The price was right so even if they don't work I can sell them. :-D

TheBuggyman

Well, another turn in the road of life.......

Got my hands on a 400 Cummins w/ Jakes already on it. Sent the pump to get turned up (HP and RPM) and installed a dual feed fuel line. Cleaned it up and test fired it (not on the wood blocks!). So now I have a 350 Cummins for sale with a set of Jakes.

Attachments

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks