• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

M813 transfer case issues

Ajax MD

Yumpin' Yiminey bro!

Well, you have 3 options-
Rebuild it yourself.
Pay a commercial truck shop to rebuild it.
Buy a replacement.

People sell used takeouts all the time but of course that's a gamble. I bought a rebuilt unit still in the shipping can but that fellow retired and sold his inventory shortly after I bought mine.

timgc78

Yumpin' Yiminey bro!

Well, you have 3 options-
Rebuild it yourself.
Pay a commercial truck shop to rebuild it.
Buy a replacement.

People sell used takeouts all the time but of course that's a gamble. I bought a rebuilt unit still in the shipping can but that fellow retired and sold his inventory shortly after I bought mine.
I'll most likely fix it unless the cost of parts is more than another working unit. I haven't torn into it to see the extent of the damage yet. The oil I drained out of it was thick black and full of metal.
I'm in the lookout for a donor tranfer case for parts.

Ajax MD

I'll most likely fix it unless the cost of parts is more than another working unit. I haven't torn into it to see the extent of the damage yet. The oil I drained out of it was thick black and full of metal.
I'm in the lookout for a donor tranfer case for parts.
Hm. I may be able to help with that. I still have my old transfer. It shifted fine but the output bearings were shot for the intermediate shaft. I believe the oil drained clean and without metal bits.

PM me if you want to discuss it.

timgc78

Hm. I may be able to help with that. I still have my old transfer. It shifted fine but the output bearings were shot for the intermediate shaft. I believe the oil drained clean and without metal bits.

PM me if you want to discuss it.
I'm not sure how to PM on here. I would like to discuss that with you.

Ajax MD

I'm not sure how to PM on here. I would like to discuss that with you.
I sent you a PM to get the conversation started. You'll see a red "1" on the little envelope at the top right corner of the web page.
I just noticed you're in NC. There's a good possibility that you can just come to Maryland and pick this thing up. It'll save you the costs of freight and me the hassle of getting it to a shipper. I'll help you load it.

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks