• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

M813 transfer case issues

Ajax MD

Yumpin' Yiminey bro!

Well, you have 3 options-
Rebuild it yourself.
Pay a commercial truck shop to rebuild it.
Buy a replacement.

People sell used takeouts all the time but of course that's a gamble. I bought a rebuilt unit still in the shipping can but that fellow retired and sold his inventory shortly after I bought mine.

timgc78

Yumpin' Yiminey bro!

Well, you have 3 options-
Rebuild it yourself.
Pay a commercial truck shop to rebuild it.
Buy a replacement.

People sell used takeouts all the time but of course that's a gamble. I bought a rebuilt unit still in the shipping can but that fellow retired and sold his inventory shortly after I bought mine.
I'll most likely fix it unless the cost of parts is more than another working unit. I haven't torn into it to see the extent of the damage yet. The oil I drained out of it was thick black and full of metal.
I'm in the lookout for a donor tranfer case for parts.

Ajax MD

I'll most likely fix it unless the cost of parts is more than another working unit. I haven't torn into it to see the extent of the damage yet. The oil I drained out of it was thick black and full of metal.
I'm in the lookout for a donor tranfer case for parts.
Hm. I may be able to help with that. I still have my old transfer. It shifted fine but the output bearings were shot for the intermediate shaft. I believe the oil drained clean and without metal bits.

PM me if you want to discuss it.

timgc78

Hm. I may be able to help with that. I still have my old transfer. It shifted fine but the output bearings were shot for the intermediate shaft. I believe the oil drained clean and without metal bits.

PM me if you want to discuss it.
I'm not sure how to PM on here. I would like to discuss that with you.

Ajax MD

I'm not sure how to PM on here. I would like to discuss that with you.
I sent you a PM to get the conversation started. You'll see a red "1" on the little envelope at the top right corner of the web page.
I just noticed you're in NC. There's a good possibility that you can just come to Maryland and pick this thing up. It'll save you the costs of freight and me the hassle of getting it to a shipper. I'll help you load it.