• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

M813A1 I got - what do you think?

3dAngus

Life is definitely different in the Middle East.
Our idea of procurement, and their idea of procurement (on the streets) is all a matter of opinion, based on environment, where environment consist of a physical area and a mental state that goes along with it.
I could easiely see myself doing the same, were I in his shoes, in the environment he is in.
But, I'm NOT. Thank God!

God Bless America.
And let's not be so quick to judge.

The PIG Smith

just a quick update...
I got some intel the other week about a good looking 5-ton just next to a paratroopers camp... the tuck is being used as a target. so i got there on saturday, and found a pretty complete multifuel...
Took some of the cab parts I need, and some other parts I thought i might need. the driver door didn't came off easily and I will have to go back there for it ( I was making too much noise).
Today I went to visit my truck, found that someone stole all the high-amp cables from the batt to starter, so we tied two batteries on the fender, and with jumper cables supllied power directly to the starter, some spray into the intake manifold, an then... it started in seconds. with 15 years old fuel... then I drove around the lot. but it doesn't brake - air doesn't build up.

next I will have to "shop" (another trip to one of the places where trucks are used as targets) for some air hoses that are missing, so I can actually take the truck out.

Again, thanks for your good advices, It helped a lot today.

Asaf.
Asaf, good looking truck!
I wish I could find a good looking truck like yours here in America for cheap.
Keep up the good work and keep us posted with your progress and plenty of pictures!

asafk

running.... but not stopping.
didn't have the time to find what's wrong in the brake system. it's not too complicated, a very simple system, so I just have to spend a day around it and figure out why it doesn't brake.

Asaf.

asafk

a quick update...

few weeks ago, we were travelling not far from the west bank in a remote trail, than came across these M-325 and next to it a treasure... an old M54 w/winch. well, now you can change it to w/o winch...
(again, please try to understand, there's nothing wrong with what we're doing, it is a target)

last week, we've spent a family camping weekend up north at my sister's farm.
the kids were playing in the swimming pool, and I was working 'round the old truck.

anyway... started with cleaning the cab from the inside, replaced the broken gauges, reconnected switches, disconnected unused ones. now it doesn't look like crap, just like an old and beaten truck.
then replaced some air lines with new ones, now air supply seems good.
next thing to do - i'll buy a rebuild kit for the MC, wheel cylinders and Airpack. then it should brake. nevertheless I need to check the system, I don't want surprises.

cheers..

Asaf.

Attachments

SETOYOTA

Steel Soldiers Supporter
Well since you are taking or approprating or whatever you need to go ahead and bring the WC51 home .

asafk

well... that's the "fine line". we never-ever take complete vehicles. our soldiers need targets. we only take parts, small enough to keep the target... well, being a target.

and BTW, it's not a WC51, but an Israeli made M-325, roughly based on the WC.

Asaf.

zout

You just have to keep the lawn chair - I have many a miles on a 5 gallon bucket and your looks much more comfortable - was there cup holders in it ?

Great work on the truck and keep us posted - I commend you on the difficulties of access to parts availability and getting done on it what you have to this point.

m816

Asaf, go back to the targets and secure the airpacs from all of them. You will eventually need them. Even if you need to barter with someone else for other parts. They are pricey and theyarn't hard to rebuild.

asafk

thanks for the advice, mate.

for now, i plan to rebuild the one i have, and then it sounds like a good idea to have at least one more ready as spare.

Asaf.