• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

M816 controls question

EO2NMCB

Looking at a M816 but it is missing the control handle assembly but the hydraulic valves are there. I know some wrecker parts can be gold plated so my question is; any idea what a set of control handles would go for?
Thanks,
Charlie

Ferroequinologist

Resident railroad expert
Steel Soldiers Supporter
I have a complete valve assembly that was in good working order with handles. It is heavy. I would like $250 for all of it. Like Ron said, it wouldn't be too hard to fab up some handles. I would hate to sell just the handles but then again, if someone needs it to replace theres they should already have the handles... let me think on it I might sell you just the handles.

Attachments

Last edited:

EO2NMCB

I appreciate the offer and replies but after talking to the owner some more this thing just sounds like a huge money pit. Going to just have to keep looking for a 816 or 936.

73m819

Rock = older than dirt , GA. MAFIA , Dirty
Steel Soldiers Supporter
In Memorial
I appreciate the offer and replies but after talking to the owner some more this thing just sounds like a huge money pit. Going to just have to keep looking for a 816 or 936.
Find a m246 or a m819, a lot better wrecker

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks