• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

M816 controls question

EO2NMCB

Looking at a M816 but it is missing the control handle assembly but the hydraulic valves are there. I know some wrecker parts can be gold plated so my question is; any idea what a set of control handles would go for?
Thanks,
Charlie

Ferroequinologist

Resident railroad expert
Steel Soldiers Supporter
I have a complete valve assembly that was in good working order with handles. It is heavy. I would like $250 for all of it. Like Ron said, it wouldn't be too hard to fab up some handles. I would hate to sell just the handles but then again, if someone needs it to replace theres they should already have the handles... let me think on it I might sell you just the handles.

Attachments

Last edited:

EO2NMCB

I appreciate the offer and replies but after talking to the owner some more this thing just sounds like a huge money pit. Going to just have to keep looking for a 816 or 936.

73m819

Rock = older than dirt , GA. MAFIA , Dirty
Steel Soldiers Supporter
In Memorial
I appreciate the offer and replies but after talking to the owner some more this thing just sounds like a huge money pit. Going to just have to keep looking for a 816 or 936.
Find a m246 or a m819, a lot better wrecker