• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

M816 hot rodding ?

Status
Not open for further replies.

EMD567

Driver for the Ga Mafia
Steel Soldiers Supporter
I don't know what benefit twin turbos will get you- and a whistler turbo is a multifuel thing. As I stated in my last post- unless you can turn 2500-3000 RPM, you will not reach 55mph unless you are going down hill with the tranny in neutral, on stock tires. The 800 series is gear bound to a max of 50-53 MPH. The 800 series was designed to run at 45 MPH with the dueces, M37's and small jeeps.
You can't change the math of the gear ratios, so you either
1)increase your RPMS above the redline of the stock engine.
2) change your tire size to a larger tire
3) Change the tranny/transfer case to a steeper overdrive final.
A cold air kit will help your engine last longer at higher boost, and might increase your MPG, but I think that is about it.

73m819

Rock = older than dirt , GA. MAFIA , Dirty
Steel Soldiers Supporter
In Memorial
Drop the fuel button number for mid range and up, add a pyro, build it to a tubo 290, though these motors DO NOT have squirters, the taller the tire, the deeper the hole between 3rd. and 4th. gets

240hp x 6.44 rears x 36,000 lbs = a turd, a slow turd, you can dress it up, chrome it, ect, ect, but in the end you still end up with a turd only in this case a shiny one.

Getting a 36,000lb turd going fast is one thing, getting a fast 36,000lb turd stopped is another thing.

Twin turbos, ect, ect, ect to get a wrecker to go fast (the heaviest of all the army trucks) is one of the dumbest threads that we have had in a long time, it is right up there with "what is the RED button for on my deuce", we have more things to do then to waste time on crap like this. Next time do some research on your want-to-be project to see even if it is pratical before starting a thread like this one. What I have said is what a lot of others are thinking, just don't want to hurt your fellings, I don't care.

Last edited:

insanejecke

I want power if i want my m816 to go fast ill drop a jet motor in it ok, 55 is not FAST. I ASK how to make it safely go 55. ifs theres no way ok im fine with that. I want more power ok. Asking how to get more power is not dumb thank you very much how many time do i haft to say POWER before yall's think skulls get the point about this thread?????? im asking how to get MORE POWER.

SO again what can i do for more power OTHER THEN CHANGEING THE MOTOR. Is there ANYONE here who know how to improve a m816 motor.

Derrickl112

Steel Soldiers Supporter
Why do you want an m816? If you only want it for the crane, you could get a 5 ton cargo and mount a knuckle boom on it. That would shave off about 10,000lbs vs having an m816, giving you more power and better fuel economy.

Last edited:

73m819

Rock = older than dirt , GA. MAFIA , Dirty
Steel Soldiers Supporter
In Memorial
What do you need more power for ?, a deadmaned m816 CAN break the rear 3/4" cable at idle, a m816 CAN break the front winch and/or cable at idle, a m816 WILL lift anything with the crane at idle (better control at about 1000 rpm), so again, WHY DO YOU NEED MORE POWER ?

insanejecke

What do you need more power for ?, a deadmaned m816 CAN break the rear 3/4" cable at idle, a m816 CAN break the front winch and/or cable at idle, a m816 WILL lift anything with the crane at idle (better control at about 1000 rpm), so again, WHY DO YOU NEED MORE POWER ?
SAME reason u need more money. BECAUSE I WANT IT i don't plan on lifting anything to be honest or pulling or drag racing. ALL i want is more power why cant i get someone to answer my question? what the problem here??? Do you guys just want to piss me off? few of you have answer some of my question and i thank you for that the rest idk what yall problem is but yall need to lose it. If you cant answer the question all i ask is you not to try and hijack my thread and that what you people are doing can you please stop it?

and steelandcanvas i have been i have another 15k to drop into it to get it on the road and another 6k on paint because i want that best paint and yes i have also supped it up as well.

Warthog

Super Moderator
Steel Soldiers Supporter
With my little thick skull I am closing this tread. You just pissed off the wrong person.

See you in three days.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks