• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

M816. M920 and the big move

area52

Today Soni (M920) came by my place to pick up my M816 to work on it for me at his place. My time, skills and motivation are in short supply around here so I had asked Soni if he could pick up my wrecker and work on it for me.

Let me say - Soni is a very nice and helpful person, I can't say enough good things about him. He brought his M920 and trailer to my place and we commenced to loading my wrecker which does not run, does not brake and the tires are in bad shape. What could go wrong? :p

He dropped his trailer at the end of my "road" and towed the wrecker about 100 yards from my yard to the trailer. My yard is kinda soft dirt/sand but the big ol' M920 spun only a few times before pulling the wrecker out of its two year hole.

Got it up to the trailer, hooked the tractor back up and preceded to winch the wrecker onto the trailer. It was on a small down slope so we thought that putting the truck into gear would slow it down, but stupid me forgot to put the transfer case back into gear so it did a "slow approach" into the trailer which stopped it without a problem. Other than that, it went without too much of a problem. Soni is on his way home now, hope the trip is uneventful.

here are some pics:

Attachments

Ruppster

Steel Soldiers Supporter
thats one way to make a 816 look small.

:ditto:

Love the looks of Soni's truck and trailer but every time I see it it makes my 350 Cummins powered International and 35 ton drop deck look like a Tonka toy. :)

Just wish I could afford such a beast in Florida. Florida does not accept Toterhomes as RV's so it would have to have weighted tags on it (about $750 a year just for 54,000 pounds) and not the cheaper RV plates, along with having to buy trip permits every time I drove out of state. Sounds like I need to move to New Mexico.

Anyhow, thanks for sharing the pics of that beast of a truck. Always love to see new pics of it.

Ruppster

M920

Thanks Wade, for posting all the pics! I'm happy to report that your truck made it home safely....I enjoyed the visit with you and your wife on Tuesday, she really takes great pictures! :)

Btw....when we talked about how to do the unloading, I forgot that I can just lay the folding goosneck down on the trailer and roll it off....WAY EASY!!
Here are a couple more pics of you loading your truck and from the trip home......

Soni

Attachments

Bighurt

Thanks Wade, for posting all the pics! I'm happy to report that your truck made it home safely....I enjoyed the visit with you and your wife on Tuesday, she really takes great pictures! :)

Btw....when we talked about how to do the unloading, I forgot that I can just lay the folding goosneck down on the trailer and roll it off....WAY EASY!!
Here are a couple more pics of you loading your truck and from the trip home......

Soni
Last year my friend at work was showing me trips of his bike club's trip to red lodge MT. The group was composed of 6 or 7 bikes mostly couples. Anyways he started showing me pics and he got to few and paused, looked over his shoulder and said "huh, that's funny". I took a moment looked at the pics and said "I don't get it what?". He said these were taken by Bob (name changed), I replied why is that funny?

Turns out Bob was the only single rider, which isn't funny by itself. But looking at the pictures you can tell it was taken from the bike, while the bike was in motion, and the most amazing part was that they were in focus.

It was kinda like the pictures of the guitar on eBay a few years back where you could see the reflection of the dude naked in the brass knobs. Completely innocent until you examine the picture further...

That last picture reminded me of that.

Thanks for the pics Soni, now come swing by my place and lets go visit Richard! LOL

BTW I think that is the first interior shot of the M920A1, take notes boys that where the hat goes and possibly what looks like a cup holder...

Last edited:
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks