• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

M817 Tach Cable

Tackettr

Does anyone know if the duece tach cable will work on the 809 series 5 tons? I have a new replacement cable that works on the duece but the numbers don't match the parts book for the 5 ton or the duece. My 817 is at my dad's farm so I can't just walk out and check it. I'm trying to get parts together for my next trip down.

Here are the numbers on the replacement cable;

6680-00-089-2005
CAGE 65496
PN M10215-1F109

Thanks!

Tackettr

Hammer: Thanks for the help, that's what I needed to know. Was it too short or the one end didn't match?

It appears the replacement one I have is some type of universal speedo or tach cable and why the numbers don't match.

Guess it's time to order one.

Hammer

Yeah, same thing with mine, worked for a while, then stopped working.
Looks like it is the universal speedo.

The deuce tach cable is almost the same length as the 5 ton cummins one, but the end that goes into the IP is not correct. The drive/pin is too small in diameter, and the flat side is not enough to engage the drive in the IP.

Hammer

Yeah, I know, I did the same thing myself.

Btw, Saturn Surplus shows the correct 5 ton tach cable. I need to order one from them still.

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks