• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

M817 Tach Cable

Tackettr

Does anyone know if the duece tach cable will work on the 809 series 5 tons? I have a new replacement cable that works on the duece but the numbers don't match the parts book for the 5 ton or the duece. My 817 is at my dad's farm so I can't just walk out and check it. I'm trying to get parts together for my next trip down.

Here are the numbers on the replacement cable;

6680-00-089-2005
CAGE 65496
PN M10215-1F109

Thanks!

Tackettr

Hammer: Thanks for the help, that's what I needed to know. Was it too short or the one end didn't match?

It appears the replacement one I have is some type of universal speedo or tach cable and why the numbers don't match.

Guess it's time to order one.

Hammer

Yeah, same thing with mine, worked for a while, then stopped working.
Looks like it is the universal speedo.

The deuce tach cable is almost the same length as the 5 ton cummins one, but the end that goes into the IP is not correct. The drive/pin is too small in diameter, and the flat side is not enough to engage the drive in the IP.

Hammer

Yeah, I know, I did the same thing myself.

Btw, Saturn Surplus shows the correct 5 ton tach cable. I need to order one from them still.