• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

M818 1,200 miles and home

ARMYMAN30YearsPlus

In Memorial
In Memorial
RE: Re: RE: M818 1,200 miles and home

Blood of Tyrants:
I know what you mean I spent six years enlisted in the Coast Guard on ships built during WW II some of the constant noise from pumps and hydraulic lines running through the berthing area cost me my high frequency hearing hense the ear muffs on Christians head in the shot of him driving. I just started it up and it drag the M127 since I did not hook up the air lines and forgot to but it did not even flinch pulling it far enough to get the M52 out. I am going to hit the rusty spots with a wire brush and Rust Bullet them tomorrow since I fly back to Korea on Easter morning.

doghead

4 Star General /Moderator
Staff member
Super Moderator
Steel Soldiers Supporter
:ditto: I'd like to see a picture of the smile on your wifes face, when you pulled into the driveway with it! :lol:

poppop

David, I also am glad you made it home safe with no major problems. It sounds like guite an adventure and I have met some of the fine folks you met on this trip so I can attest to how great they are. I am surprized as to how quickly you have to go back, so enjoy your family, and EASTER, and once again, thank you for your service to the people of this Country, even though many of them have no idea how important you and your fellows are to their continued freedom.

Melvinitis

Sir, First, glad you and your son were able to have a great bonding experence soon after your return from Korea. Also, very glad the trip was a success with minor hiccups. CPT Jack

Alredneck

Banned

Ohhhh Come on Sir, where was your risk assesment driving at night with no lights thats why we have NVGs! Did you put this down in Oporder format. At least your service and support rocked
good job guys. Well yall made it home so good OP and MAN 30+ years ( that trumps my 11 ) so your better man than me. Congrats on the new ride! Tango Mike! Captain

Rattlehead

Glad to hear you got home without any big issues. 1200 miles, WHEW!! That's a little over double my last recovery trip done in one day. I certainly wouldn't have wanted to get up the next day and do it again!

Enjoy your Easter weekend with your family and your new toy!

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks