• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

M818 knocking sound?

jd-ford-hd

:? I am sure this has been asked and answered so apologies in advance :lol: What is the persistent knocking or tapping sound coming from the firewall area? Sounds like an elf with a tack hammer hitting the firewall (one tap every 3 or 4 minutes) while the engine is running. Have heard this on other trucks besides mine. Thanks.

jd-ford-hd said:
:? I am sure this has been asked and answered so apologies in advance :lol: What is the persistent knocking or tapping sound coming from the firewall area? Sounds like an elf with a tack hammer hitting the firewall (one tap every 3 or 4 minutes) while the engine is running. Have heard this on other trucks besides mine. Thanks.
you are probly hearing the governer for the air system.

ARMYMAN30YearsPlus

In Memorial
In Memorial
RE: Re: M818 knocking sound?

I saw the elf there with the hammer one time that I could not sleep and went out to admire the cummins he was napping on the rear valve cover and vanished as soon as my flashlight hit him.....

Sorry I agree it is most likely the air regulator cycling

jd-ford-hd

RE: Re: M818 knocking sound?

Thanks guys. I held the governor during its cycle and it does "hammer" slightly. Have owned lots of air brake vehicles and never heard a air governor make a sound. This one does!! Thanks again.

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks