• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

M818 mud flap bracket help needed

Andy1234

If I can piggy back on this thread, does anyone have a close up pic of the way the bracket is bolted to the truck? My M818 does not have brackets on it and just like pics 2 and 3 above my truck has only one hole in the frame rail at the back. Does the lower rivet need to be removed?
No, the lower rivet stays.

I just installed a set this weekend, and I positioned it so that the 2 vertical holes were just above the rivet, the third hole was forward. This positioning gives approx 3" of clearance between the flap and the tire. 75+ miles, and no sign of rubbing or any other problems.

Drill one hole, bolt the bracket on, and align it where you want it to go. Then, use the bracket as a drill guide to drill the remaining 2 holes. Use a sharp drill bit, and the frame rails drill easily. Paint the holes, use quality 1/2" bolts w/ lock nuts/washers and you're good to go.

If needed, I can post pics in the morning.

Andy

BTW, I've already ordered the chrome ladies for each flap:razz:

03silverado

Just go to a commeercial truck parts store and buy 36" mud flaps and the bracket/hanger kit kits like 45$ 36"mud flaps will run you about 20 bucks that's what I did better than spending 3-400 bucks on mudflaps make sure that the 36"that you get are the thicker kind you will have to cut them off about 3" so you wont tear them off backing against curbs

MyothersanM1

19K M1 Armor Crewman
Steel Soldiers Supporter
Another view :razz:.

Andy
Now that's dead sexy![thumbzup] I knew a guy who dated the mudflap girl. Yeah, they're fake:wink:.

I am in the process of mounting Deuce mad flaps on my truck. My mudflaps and brackets (see pic) will be surplus soon also. PM me if anyone else needs a set.

Attachments

Last edited:
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks