• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

M818 Pics

Armada

OK, here are some pics of my M818 recovery from Stout Field in Indiana a couple weeks ago. Not many from the actual road trip just a couple getting the jeep hooked up to the tow bar for the return trip, a few pics once it was home and a couple of the auction pics. It was one of the depot rebuilt trucks that were recently auctioned. The rebuild date was summer of '06. It had never been put back into the system after the rebuild as no registration number had been assigned to it. It only had 5 hours on it and about 100 miles. Added another 350 miles to it on the drive home. Only trouble was the high beams did not work. I still haven't broke the seal on the tool box, but I understand it is full of goodies!

Attachments

citizensoldier

Steel Soldiers bible
(Oliveis Drabis) chapter : 14 verse :21
"Thow shall not covet thy neighbors OD" "Thow shall only help him fix it when fixen need be" " Now gettith thy butteth out and fixeth thy green" correction "Desert Tan"
Bring that bad boy up here! You lucky dog! Just plain beautiful dude.. I will dream of it tonight..
:driver: :drool: :drool: :drool: :beer:

mangus580

Armada said:
Tow shackle adaptors from an M151 were added in place of the factory hooks. They work flawless.
Damn those look perfect!!

when I had to transport our ex-97 TJ, I used the axle clamps on the bumper... had to relocate the fog lights temporarily.

Armada

rofl LOL! Thanks Lane! Yeah, we'll definately spend a weekend wrenching on our new toys!!!!

Already got my eyes on a couple trailers coming up.

Armada

Thanks Bruce. They don't come around like that very often. All it needs is to be driven. One of the big surplus dealers got most of them.

maddawg308

Steel Soldiers Supporter
Great looking M818, and nice way to "make it work" by using the M151 bumper adapters in place of the stock hooks! Those pics are great!

M1075

I really feel bad for you that the high beams didn't work. aua With GL you gotta take the bad with the good. Oh well, maybe next time you can get a decent truck. rofl

Pappa-G

Jimmy said:
That is one great looking truck!
Thanks, its an '04 and has the automatic This is the second time I've pushed Armadas equipment across country and it does a fair job for being just a 3k pound Jeep moving a 18k pound tractor. I should have put the hard top on but it has a good heater.
Wait you were talking about the Jeep weren't you?? :oops:

rosco

Steel Soldiers Supporter
That is absolutely, a beautiful piece of equipmement. I wondered too, about how you hooked the tow bar to the Jeep, till I read further. But what did you do for the lights. You have a light bar on the Jeep?

Lee in Alaska

mangus580

Pappa-G said:
Jimmy said:
That is one great looking truck!
Thanks, its an '04 and has the automatic This is the second time I've pushed Armadas equipment across country and it does a fair job for being just a 3k pound Jeep moving a 18k pound tractor. I should have put the hard top on but it has a good heater.
Wait you were talking about the Jeep weren't you?? :oops:
rofl

Armada

That is absolutely, a beautiful piece of equipmement. I wondered too, about how you hooked the tow bar to the Jeep, till I read further. But what did you do for the lights. You have a light bar on the Jeep?

Lee in Alaska
The tow lights are magnetic mount. The front half of an M105 trailer harness is grafted to the taillight harness section. You can see part of it in this picture. The 12v bulbs were replaced with 24V. Pappa-G's Jeep has been dubbed the official chase vehicle, although the lights can be mounted on anything that a tow bar can be hooked to.

Attachments

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks