• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

M819

gimpyrobb

dumpsterlandingfromorbit!
So I am waiting to hear back from a guy about an m819. This is the one with the triple section Austin-Western boom? Ron, how much does yours weigh? If it isn't good enough to save, still need a Tcase?

gimpyrobb

Also, If the truck turns out to be just a parts truck, could I take the "manual" section of the boom and put it on my m62 as is? Or would I need the whole boom from the 819?

Re: RE: M819

gimpyrobb said:
Also, If the truck turns out to be just a parts truck, could I take the "manual" section of the boom and put it on my m62 as is? Or would I need the whole boom from the 819?
You will need both inner booms from the M819 and use those to replace the inner boom on the M62. The M189 has a swivel motor rather than the two rams that the M62 uses to swivel with. I would try to replace the whole thing from the deck up. The M819 lacks the storage boxes that the M62 has. The M819 was not designed to carry all the recovery stuff like the M62.

gimpyrobb

RE: Re: RE: M819

So do we think its possible to pull the whole "turret" off of one and put on the other? Gears the assembly(boom) turns on the same?

73m819

Rock = older than dirt , GA. MAFIA , Dirty
Steel Soldiers Supporter
In Memorial

i dont know if the swap would be a bolt up or not, though i dont see why not, at least you could still use the 26",3 part boom, that should be a bolt up deal, im still looking for a t case, at least the price of one, money is tight here at the moment

gimpyrobb

Well, I have found out the truck is not salvageable. I am now going to focus on trying to get the boom. Anyone know what needs to be unbolted to remove the inner booms? I may hve to just take all 3 sections, but would like to cut down on the weight for the drive home.

73m819

Steel Soldiers Supporter
In Memorial

to remove the boom , pull the two pins (pivoit and boom hoist ) undo the hoist and extend cyl. hyd. lines, and the work light wire, it would be easer to remove and reinstall the three section boom as a unit then just the two outer sections (this could be a real hassel)

Recovry4x4

LLM/Member 785
Super Moderator
Steel Soldiers Supporter

I have to say that the M62 with the 819 boom and shipper is a way cool idea. Hey Ron, does that worklight wire go through the swivel valve?

gimpyrobb

Yeah, I figured itt would be a pain to get the inside section out. I will probably just take the whole thing.

73m819

Steel Soldiers Supporter
In Memorial
the wire does go though the hyd. swivel, though mine has been by-passed with a wire comming up behind the swivel, in fact at the ga. rally, this is what i had to connect after i swrung over the front to use the lights for the night operation of the 819

73m819

Steel Soldiers Supporter
In Memorial
the second and third aw pic would not look to bad on the xm 983, since im going to do a what if , the aw would be about the right year for the xm983

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks