• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

M915 A/C install

cajun666

I got the Red Dot R-9727 rooftop unit off of ebay about eight years back. It is a real heavy duty unit for construction and mining service. It has an all metal housing and a piggyback mounted freshair intake filter so it keeps the cab slightly pressurized. This helps to keep the dust out on dirt roads.

The only trouble I had with it was one compressor clutch failure and that was an easy fix. I can supply some close-up and inside pics if anybody is interested in this set-up.

I did re-inforce the roof on the 920A1 with two pieces of small channel, to deal with the extra weight bouncing around on top.
Don't know if it really needs it but I felt it would not hurt to be safe.....

Soni
Yes pics .

agazza2

I know this is an old thread, and there are many of us that would like to here about the final setup and installation you did on this AC system for the M915. Can you post some pics, and a some information on things you had to do to make this work. It would be greatly appreciated.

Artisan

I know this is an old thread, and there are many of us that would like to here about the final setup and installation you did on this AC system for the M915. Can you post some pics, and a some information on things you had to do to make this work. It would be greatly appreciated.

I would second that request but I fear the some of the old guard is burned out on SS.
Sure do wish some of the old timers who are flat out genius's w/ the LET's would
start hangin' around SS again. Thank goodness for the search function
but nothing like talkin' to the horses mouth so to speak.

R_Racing
M920
NDT (He is stiil around! )
and MANY others.

Maybe we just need a dedicated area for the M915 M916 M920 types of trucks.
The 5 ton area is swamped w/ 5 ton stuff, imagine that~! HA!

I would love to see what Soni did in his cab w/ the A/C system.

I know Red Dot has an M-9777 unit that has a built in condenser
so alls you need is a compressor, hoses, wires and the 67 pound roof top unit.
It is an A/C HEATER too!

5tonman1971

I have ac kits that are all under hood and has a box that goes under the hood like the heater. No big huge box on the roof it's all under dash and hood made by Oshkosh

Last edited:

Artisan

Has anyone grabbed what you have and done a pictorial installation
5tonman? What is the NSN for the kit and what were they originally designed for?

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks