• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

M915A1...finally

Bighurt

I just jumped out of my shorts...you should see it...

I just got High Bidder on 5644/6250

Little more than I wanted to but I'm ecstatic! Litterly I can hardly contain myself. Can't wait for the invoice and payment, then play the waiting game on the EUC.

May need a little help with recovery I plan to drive her home but any help will be appreciated. She is missing batteries, which I'll have to buy, and a stack but other than that she looks like she will start up and run well.

Doesn't mention a key...

Thanks and can't wait to get her home...wife is going to be pissed!!!

:beer:

Attachments

Last edited:

eldgenb

2320 - Trucks & Truck Tractors, Wheeled at Government Liquidation

Little more than I wanted to but I'm estatic! Litterly I can hardly contain myself. Can't wait for the invoice and payment, then play the waiting game on the EUC.

May need a little help with recovery I plan to drive her home but any help will be appreciated. She is missing batteries, which I'll have to buy, and a stack but other than that she looks like she will start up and run well.

Doesn't mention a key...

See I am a good luck charm, went from talking about it this morning to owning one by the afternoon!! I should be charging for this much good luck!! Congrats and welcome to the club.

eldgenb

2320 - Trucks & Truck Tractors, Wheeled at Government Liquidation

Little more than I wanted to but I'm estatic! Litterly I can hardly contain myself. Can't wait for the invoice and payment, then play the waiting game on the EUC.

Doesn't mention a key...

The truck can run without batteries if you have to, you can just turn in the screw in the back of the shut off solenoid and she will run all the way home. Who needs a stack anyways, drive it home and straight pipe it when you get a chance. This is a very clean looking truck, sure beats the 6k for the trucks we talked about earlier!!

Bighurt

The truck can run without batteries if you have to, you can just turn in the screw in the back of the shut off solenoid and she will run all the way home. Who needs a stack anyways, drive it home and straight pipe it when you get a chance. This is a very clean looking truck, sure beats the 6k for the trucks we talked about earlier!!
It's a long drive! I'll have to shut her down at some point and she'll need batteries. If I drive down I'll just bring them with if I bus/fly I'll just pick them up from Napa and call it done. I'd prefer to have some stack, who knows it maybe under the truck...

I'm going to be close to the legal limits driving her home, I'd prefer not to have to explain anything. So that means no pull overs but at 55mph surely not going to get pulled over for speeding.

I have to swing by Gimpy Robb's on the way home and pick up some stuff, and my dear wife may get a free shopping trip out of this!!!

She'll get dinner tomorrow for sure!

You'll have to explain the solenoid trick in a pm, I'm vaguely familiar...

I had her on my watch list and wasn't going to bid, but I got outbid on the 920's in Vegas and the 915A0 in GA. This went for lower then all of them.

What's the deal with the keys on these?

NDT

Steel Soldiers Supporter
Congrats! I drove mine without a stack for a few trips, it is really really loud. I think your starter is missing, better call the NG facility and confirm what all is missing!

11Echo

Steel Soldiers Supporter
Congrats! I drove mine without a stack for a few trips, it is really really loud. I think your starter is missing, better call the NG facility and confirm what all is missing!

What NDT says plus,

No head lights
No front turn signals
No cab markers?
No mirrors
No spare

Wonder if it has tailights?

Last edited:

eldgenb

It's a long drive! I'll have to shut her down at some point and she'll need batteries. If I drive down I'll just bring them with if I bus/fly I'll just pick them up from Napa and call it done. I'd prefer to have some stack, who knows it maybe under the truck...

I'm going to be close to the legal limits driving her home, I'd prefer not to have to explain anything. So that means no pull overs but at 55mph surely not going to get pulled over for speeding.

I have to swing by Gimpy Robb's on the way home and pick up some stuff, and my dear wife may get a free shopping trip out of this!!!

She'll get dinner tomorrow for sure!

You'll have to explain the solenoid trick in a pm, I'm vaguely familiar...

I had her on my watch list and wasn't going to bid, but I got outbid on the 920's in Vegas and the 915A0 in GA. This went for lower then all of them.

What's the deal with the keys on these?

Give me a call when you have some time and I will give you the rundown.

R Racing

Very nice truck !! great score !! and super clean. If your driving it all the way back to ND I would put 4 good batteries just in case and then if you have to turn it off or have a problem or run out of fuel you can get it started. not easy finding a 24v jump lol .

doghead

4 Star General /Moderator
Staff member
Super Moderator
Steel Soldiers Supporter
GL links go dead after the auction. Please take the time to save the pics and then post them here, not the GL link.

Bighurt

Very nice truck !! great score !! and super clean. If your driving it all the way back to ND I would put 4 good batteries just in case and then if you have to turn it off or have a problem or run out of fuel you can get it started. not easy finding a 24v jump lol .
That's what I was thinking.

Appreciate all the comments!

Jeremy
*Still smiling*

R Racing

I'm about 99 percent sure you can use a starter from a standard 5 ton cummins 250 . I bought a NOS 1 for my M813 because in its auction it looked like the wire melted off the terminal, So I thought great bad starter. But it wasnt the case. After compareing the 1 on my M920 it looks identical. The M915 uses 24V to start but 12V for the gauges and lights . Napa has the head lights for about $15.00 if I remember right. I just changed 1 on my M920. hope this helps. If you need any other parts, I know were a parts truck sits.

Jim

deuceman51

I would seriously consider having the truck hauled because of the distance. It might run, it might not because of other reasons. The guard guys will help as much as they can, but it isn't worth having an accident because something doesn't work. Also, if you get in an accident or pulled over with no CDL, license, or insurance, it will become a very expensive truck. Not trying to dampen the new win, just putting in some good advice.

sigo

Lieutenant Colonel
Steel Soldiers Supporter
That's a great looking truck! Aside from the missing parts it looks almost new. You've got a long drive ahead of you, good luck. I hope she runs as good as she looks.

hdexpert

You're driving from Alabama, to Cincinnati then to North Dakota? Wow, that's some road trip!!

Bighurt

I would seriously consider having the truck hauled because of the distance. It might run, it might not because of other reasons. The guard guys will help as much as they can, but it isn't worth having an accident because something doesn't work. Also, if you get in an accident or pulled over with no CDL, license, or insurance, it will become a very expensive truck. Not trying to dampen the new win, just putting in some good advice.
Shipping it would cost $4350.00 that's almost more than the truck.

I'm actually fully qualified to drive tractor trailer.

However I'm not licensed in North Dakota yet. I'm actually working on either getting into the class or borrowing a tractor trailer to take the test.

Regardless if the EUC is completed early and I haven't got into the class. I may have to chance it. However it will be licensed and insured before I move it. I just may not have the updated drivers license.

It is a long drive but if I can get the pieces to fall together it will be one **** of an adventure.

Who knows if I get eh CDL in time and a trailer, and the truck runs I maybe able to pick-up paid freight on the way home...

fasttruck

Think about getting a -10 manual and review the diagram on how to hook to 4ea batteries up as it is not the same as a 809 truck. When I got mine and trailered it home had to put 5 gallons of gear oil in the rears and 2
gallons of dexeron in the trans before turning the key on. All 915s come keyed alike so if you know somebody with one you can get a key.

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks