• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

M916 maiden voyage from Texarkana TX to Richmond VA

NDT

Steel Soldiers Supporter
Can you post a picture of your alternator? We will need to know what you have to assist with diagnosis. The stock set up is a Leece Neville 130 amp with piggyback transformer rectifier unit.

Artisan

The unit is all one piece, as in the alt and reg are one
unit UNLESS your truck was upgraded.

Is there a bracket next to the alt where a regulator
might have been attached?

Maybe a pic of that area?

NDT

Steel Soldiers Supporter
Your 12 volt dash voltmeter pegged out tells me your regulator crapped out. The headlights were never converted to 24 volt to the best of my knowledge.

ev2bfree

Steel Soldiers Supporter
I will test the headlight socket now that the regulator is removed to see if it is now 12 volt while running on the batteries only. My guess is when the regulator died it some how feed 24 volts to some circuits like the head lights. I did find some 24 volt sealed beam headlights that are a direct replacement.

ev2bfree

Steel Soldiers Supporter
The unit is all one piece, as in the alt and reg are one
unit UNLESS your truck was upgraded.

Is there a bracket next to the alt where a regulator
might have been attached?

Maybe a pic of that area?
Yes it has the bracket and divorced regulator.
IMG_2627.jpg

ev2bfree

Steel Soldiers Supporter
Can you post a picture of your alternator? We will need to know what you have to assist with diagnosis. The stock set up is a Leece Neville 130 amp with piggyback transformer rectifier unit.
Yes here are the photos of the Alternator and Regulator that was removed.
IMG_2631.jpgIMG_2633.jpg

ev2bfree

Steel Soldiers Supporter
Well the Maiden Voyage of the HULK is finally over! The M916 is on the family Base and fixed. The regulator came, all is back together and works great. She is ready to haul some green friends home to keep her company. The first friend will be a M1074 PLS when the EUC is ready. That will be a separate thread. [thumbzup]
IMG_2688.jpg

CGarbee

Good to hear that the M916 is at home... :)
Looking forward to seeing her at the VA Rally (Graves Mountain - Labor Day Weekend) if not sooner.

AZK9

... The M916 is on the family Base and fixed. The regulator came, all is back together and works great. She is ready to haul some green friends home to keep her company. ...
That is great news! [thumbzup]

I've been following this thread and have remained hopeful that everything would work out for you.
Glad to see that things are fixed, working well... and looking good!

You've got a beautiful truck! Have fun with it!! :grin:

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks