• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

M916A1 battery alternative configuratons

Tow4

Steel Soldiers Supporter
I follow'ish how the factory set up is - I was looking for the right way to use type 31 batteries as an alternative to 4 x 6TL's - do I squeeze 4 in there and get new cables so I can wire the posts the same as factory (posts will be in different physical locations) or is there a way to use just 2 and still have the 12 V supply too. A pic like I drew in post 1 would help!
Scroll up and read post #5.

hirollin87

Steel Soldiers Supporter
I follow'ish how the factory set up is - I was looking for the right way to use type 31 batteries as an alternative to 4 x 6TL's - do I squeeze 4 in there and get new cables so I can wire the posts the same as factory (posts will be in different physical locations) or is there a way to use just 2 and still have the 12 V supply too. A pic like I drew in post 1 would help!
I installed 4 group 31s in my 916a1 and I will get pics this afternoon for you. 4 group 31s got me more reserve capacity than 2 8Ds. Only change in wiring for me was I prefer screw stud top post instead of round. So I made some new cables. 601-941-7644 Hayes

Tow4

Steel Soldiers Supporter
I installed 4 group 31s in my 916a1 and I will get pics this afternoon for you. 4 group 31s got me more reserve capacity than 2 8Ds. Only change in wiring for me was I prefer screw stud top post instead of round. So I made some new cables. 601-941-7644 Hayes
I got tired of buying 4 batteries when 2 work fine. With 4 batteries, when one goes bad, you have to buy 2 to replace both in that series pair. You can try replacing one, but in my experience that only makes the other one fail faster. If you have a truck that requires a lot of cranking to start, then 4 batteries may be the way to go.

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks